diy solar

diy solar

Moveable solar structure

BarracudaBob

Harnessing big fusion reactor in sky
The wife wants me to cover up the HVAC, Pool Pump, water softener, and all that 'ugly stuff' that can be seen by the pool and porch. The pool pipes go through this area so digging down and putting a fence around here is a little challenging.

I came up with an idea. How about something I can role in/out of this area. Have a 55 gal plastic drum sideways as a ballast that I can drain/fill so this is moveable. Reason being that I need to do work in this area I don't want a big obstacle. We get some pretty good storms as well as hurricanes. Would be nice to move it when necessary. This would also keep code enforcement off my back.

Make it out of Strut frame (adult Lego's) with some wheels on it. Wood is another option but it would have to be pleasure treated with all the termites we have down here. I got the idea from a floating dock.

making a small wall of panels like 4 305 watt that I have. I like the idea of the plastic water drum as a ballast.

similar to this but with drum that can be filled up

Last edited:
The wife wants me to cover up the HVAC, Pool Pump, water softener, and all that 'ugly stuff' that can be seen by the pool and porch. The pool pipes go through this area so digging down and putting a fence around here is a little challenging.

I came up with an idea. How about something I can role in/out of this area. Have a 55 gal plastic drum sideways as a ballast that I can drain/fill so this is moveable. Reason being that I need to do work in this area I don't want a big obstacle. We get some pretty good storms as well as hurricanes. Would be nice to move it when necessary. This would also keep code enforcement off my back.

Make it out of Strut frame (adult Lego's) with some wheels on it. Wood is another option but it would have to be pleasure treated with all the termites we have down here. I got the idea from a floating dock.
This is for my off grid cabin, but I put (4) 365 watt panels on a small trailer I found for free and fixed it up. What size array are you wanting to wheel around?

LCoaP9h.jpg

Back