diy solar

diy solar

Questions on Growatt Inverter Discharging Battery During "Load First"

kb_diysolar

Hey all,

I've been facing an issue with my Growatt inverter recently and was hoping to get some insights from the community. Whenever I have the inverter on "load first", it seems to discharge the battery rapidly at a rate (of what's set as - Discharging Power Ratio) until it reaches the "Discharging Stop Soc" set parameter value.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues? If so, could you please share your thoughts on if I'm resolving this correct? I've checked the settings, but I'm not quite sure of another way of handling this? so I've set the values for the above parameters as shown in the pic, it appears to discharge slowly until my TOU timeslot of low tariff kicks in.
1693169486730.png

The time of use setting is now set as follows:

1693169770432.png

There are two issues with the above setting which means I can't make use of sunlight for charging the battery as in the UK the production won't be that intense, and have to manually toggle to battery first to charge battery from whatever sunlight we get in the UK. Secondly I can't charge my tesla as I'm getting enough power? as the discharge is less intense?

I'm looking for any advice or suggestions you might have to help answer these queries. Maybe there's a specific setting I need to adjust or something I'm missing? Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your support.

Hey all,

I've been facing an issue with my Growatt inverter recently and was hoping to get some insights from the community. Whenever I have the inverter on "load first", it seems to discharge the battery rapidly at a rate (of what's set as - Discharging Power Ratio) until it reaches the "Discharging Stop Soc" set parameter value.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues? If so, could you please share your thoughts on if I'm resolving this correct? I've checked the settings, but I'm not quite sure of another way of handling this? so I've set the values for the above parameters as shown in the pic, it appears to discharge slowly until my TOU timeslot of low tariff kicks in.
View attachment 164777

The time of use setting is now set as follows:

View attachment 164778

There are two issues with the above setting which means I can't make use of sunlight for charging the battery as in the UK the production won't be that intense, and have to manually toggle to battery first to charge battery from whatever sunlight we get in the UK. Secondly I can't charge my tesla as I'm getting enough power? as the discharge is less intense?

I'm looking for any advice or suggestions you might have to help answer these queries. Maybe there's a specific setting I need to adjust or something I'm missing? Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your support.
I have exactly the same issue; did you find an answer?
Thx, bernhard

Back