diy solar

diy solar

Sol-ark 15k and SOK batteries

Rankour99

I have a 15K new in the last 2 months with SOK 48v 100 amp hr batteries (4). I do have them connected to the Sol-ark via Ethernet cables. My issue is that I’m seeing wild swings in SOC that will see the SOC on the Sol-ark jump from 50% to 6% and back to 50%. The batteries consistently show the correct SOC (50%).

Is there a setting or something I’m doing incorrectly here?

Thanks
Jim

I have five SOK batteries connect to my Sok-Ark 15K. I only saw that wild SOC of change swing when I had open loop turned on. Once closed loop was on it has stayed very accurate. Did you go through the CurrentConnected video on connecting the SOK batteries to the Sol-Ark?

I noticed during closed loop, as the batty get closer to being fully charged, it will down throttle the charge limit. I've attached my Batt Info at 99% charged.

Attachments

• Sol-Ark_15K_Batt_Info.jpg
    Sol-Ark_15K_Batt_Info.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
I noticed during closed loop, as the batty get closer to being fully charged, it will down throttle the charge limit. I've attached my Batt Info at 99% charged.
I wish that Sol-Ark would let us have access to the Charge Controller parameters or my BMS would allow control over more than the charge voltage. Such as Float amps and duration or other parameters that is sent to the inverter when in Closed Loop.
I was wondering, if the OP didn't have all his batteries communicating in the network.

I'm right at the same state of charge, but what has me confused now is the charge current limit of 47A, any ideas how it would come up with that number? Discharge of 285A looks correct, there are (3) SOK batteries connected to the Sol-Ark, but the 47A number seems, uh, odd?

View attachment 195340

I'm right at the same state of charge, but what has me confused now is the charge current limit of 47A, any ideas how it would come up with that number? Discharge of 285A looks correct, there are (3) SOK batteries connected to the Sol-Ark, but the 47A number seems, uh, odd?

View attachment 195340

I talked with Current Connect last year and they said the new Sol-Ark firmware will actually listen to the closed loop from the batteries and throttle itself back if the batteries are telling it to. I think there is a triangle with a ! mark in it. I notice this symbol when my five batteries hit about 69% full and the PV is really starting to ramp up. I was going to see what happened when I added another 3-5 batteries.

Back