diy solar

diy solar

10-KW* DIY Install - MPP Solar LV5048 - 2x Tesla Modules

101112.jpg

Update on this systems performance in the texas winter blackouts. I will be making big updates to this system soon.

Idk if i should make a new thread or continue this thread as the tesla modules wil be getting sold off for about 42kw worth of lifepo 280ah cells.

I will update this build roughly in 2 months. My batterys are already on their way. :)

Wow, looking forward to the update regardless of it being here or in a new thread.

Curious with using the MPP Dry Contact Signal to trigger the relay, how best to configure your system for this?

Assuming your using Back to Charge (BtC) and Back to Battery (BtB) settings and logic :
Battery voltage < BtC = relay CLOSED
Battery voltage > BtB = relay OPEN

If so what settings are you using ? Something like these (for LifePo4)
Back to Charge (BtC) = 55v
Back to Battery (BtB) = 56v (or does this need to be lower ? or set to FUL - fully charged, which seems to actually be in FLOAT?)
Bulk Charge = 56v
Float = 54v

Im trying to understand how to best to configure all this so it triggers a relay to power my hot water heater (1500w) energy consumption, like whats the best way to keep a full charge while dumping power to water heater and not loosing battery power ....?

Maybe easier to ask what you used ?? :D

Back