diy solar

diy solar

10 year old solar needs battery bank upgrade

The 100a rating is at 100% duty cycle. I have tested every model at multiples of the rated current. Heat buildup is the limiting factor.

It's a common port, so simultaneous charging and discharging would be averaged out in the external bus bars, and the BMS/battery would see the sum of the current in the system. For equal charge and discharge current, the battery would see zero amps.

Glad to know now that my assumption was good... given that my 8S unit just arrived. :)

I am wondering.. Is there any further use for the battery bank that is just old and no longer performs well.. lost its capacity and etc.
Can it still be used somewhere usefully for a few years? Like can it be given/sold for some other low end purposes?

I remember watching a video from coldfusiontv on YT where they talked about li-ions being repurposed after their use in Tesla vehicles. Supposedly they can be repurposed multiple times and each time they are used by an even lower end power consuming devices.

Generally, no. When lead is used up, it's got much less life in it compared to the typical crashed-out/worn-out EV.

Look around for places that will pay you for them.

Generally, no. When lead is used up, it's got much less life in it compared to the typical crashed-out/worn-out EV.

Look around for places that will pay you for them.
Thanks for clearing that up for me. That goes for all batteries that are generally used for solar purposes?

Back