diy solar

diy solar

100+ MOBILE SOLAR GENERATORS AUCTION

Ralo

This is an online auction going on for over 100+ MOBILE SOLAR GENERATORS. I've been thinking about building one but I might be able to buy one at this auction cheaper than I can build it. The only problem is...it's in Las Vegas and I'm in Atlanta. But if I get one cheap enough, I should be able to hire a carrier to deliver it. I hope that's not too expensive.

Any idea how much these are likely to sell for? I have no idea what prior auctions like this have gone like.

the ones without a genie went for $4500 last time and with gen $9500 and the 13% auction fee. Search SF bay and Sacramento craigslist to see people reselling them for $15-$20k. I picked up 3 of the SMA inverters at $1400 each.

the ones without a genie went for $4500 last time and with gen $9500 and the 13% auction fee. Search SF bay and Sacramento craigslist to see people reselling them for $15-$20k. I picked up 3 of the SMA inverters at $1400 each.
I only need one for a couple years at most. I think I'm going through a lot of trouble and expense for silent power. My 3kw gas generator isn't that loud. And it's onboard, so very convenient. And can't be stolen. Having second thoughts.

Is there enough solar panel on these trailers to even charge those batteries? The batteries are DOUGLAS LEGACY HIGH PERFORMANCE 24 CELL 48 VOLT BATTERIES MODEL 90DL-13. The batteries are 48v and 540ah. That's 25,920 watt hours. There are two of them on each trailer and they weight 2000lbs each. Apparently they are forklift batteries.

I get the feeling that 10, 275w solar panels are not enough. Some of the trailers have 11kw generators and on those trailers there also appears to be a battery charger. Maybe all trailers were suppose to get generators but were not completed before the shutdown. Hopefully, if I get one, I can sell the batteries.

Update: What I thought were battery chargers turned out to be 125 gal fuel tanks.

Last edited:
You could maybe get all your money back and get the rest free...not a bad deal.

Yep, that's what I'm thinking. But at 2000lbs each, I'm not equipped to handle them. I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble.

I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble.

Well, if you have the need for a mobile ground mount 3kw solar array, I don't think you can go wrong in the $4k range...depending on shipping charges.

Trailer $1000
Panels $1000
Controllers: $4,000 x 2!
Batteries: ?

Well, if you have the need for a mobile ground mount 3kw solar array, I don't think you can go wrong in the $4k range...depending on shipping charges.

Trailer $1000
Panels $1000
Controllers: $4,000 x 2!
Batteries: ?
Add $2000 for shipping to my location. I'm still trying to decide if I shouldn't just run the 3kw gen I already have.

Congrats. I know you are probably sweating it a bit now, but you'll be glad you did later.

Hopefully the auction house has some cheap shippers lined up, otherwise I'd go get some quotes from www.uship.com

The ones with a generator and lights are going for nearly $15k

1579720250641.png

Last edited:
Congrats. I know you are probably sweating it a bit now, but you'll be glad you did later.

Hopefully the auction house has some cheap shippers lined up, otherwise I'd go get some quotes from www.uship.com
I really was sweating but then I did a spreadsheet on what it was going to cost me to build one and I couldn't pass it up.

I had some cheap shipping bids but it weights about 8000lbs so I had to revise my uship posting. And bids went up accordingly. But I'm strangely comfortable with my decision at this point. One less thing to worry about.

North CA to Vegas via Reno for me. I'm going to tow it back, The batts on these are the main gamble. no one has been watering them for 2+ years. You can msg me your lot number and i will take pics when I go to grab mine if you havnt shipped out yet.

Back