diy solar

diy solar

100+ MOBILE SOLAR GENERATORS AUCTION

The batts on these are the main gamble. no one has been watering them for 2+ years.
I didn't think about that. I was counting on being able to sell those batteries. What would sitting for two years do to them? Hopefully the charge controller was off. Or would it have been better if it was on?

Somebody just paid $4300 for the same thing we paid $3500 for. I think $3500 has been the low selling price so far. Looks like my ebay experience paid off. I'm glad I didn't wait.

1579725125947.png

Last edited:
@Picasso, do you think those solar panels are sufficient to charge those batteries? They are 48v 540ah and there are two of them. That 51,840wh. That's huge...right?

Somebody just paid $4300 for the same thing we paid $3500 for. I think $3500 has been the low selling price so far. Looks like my ebay experience paid off. I'm glad I didn't wait.

Keep in mind that they are all "different". I'm sure a lot of the bidders went to inspect in person first, so they know if one has a cracked panel, bald tire, or missing parts etc...or extra parts for that matter. Hopefully you just got a steal by bidding early...

@Picasso, do you think those solar panels are sufficient to charge those batteries? They are 48v 540ah and there are two of them. That 51,840wh. That's huge...right?

It's huge! But I figure most users will be happy using the top 15kw which the panels should be able to recharge in a day. Those batteries will last a long time using like that, if they still have life left in them.

Keep in mind that they are all "different". I'm sure a lot of the bidders went to inspect in person first, so they know if one has a cracked panel, bald tire, or missing parts etc...or extra parts for that matter. Hopefully you just got a steal by bidding early...
Actually, the ones I bid on are supposed to be new, unused, and identical. They used the same pictures for all of them, except the ones that had damage or flats.

I just bought another one for $3300. I plan to sell it as is on eBay. I figure if 1 is good, then two is better. I hope I'm right.

Last edited:
The trailers are based on a car hauler, You would have no trouble selling it for $2500+ even "used" if you took everything off them. Even if the batts are toast that is still a $1000 core each. If I find mine cracked or otherwise just toast I will try and dump them in Vegas at a battery dealer. I don't care much for lead, but if it works it works....

Congratulations to the successful bidders! I just couldn’t pull the trigger and look forward to hearing how these work out.

Congratulations to the successful bidders! I just couldn’t pull the trigger and look forward to hearing how these work out.
I couldn't "not" pull the trigger on the first one after doing the math, I didn't want to feel stupid spending more to try and build on from scratch. But, I had to force myself to buy the second one. Now I just need to get in gear and make this a profitable transaction.

Last edited:
I just did a FaceTime call with the guy out at the yard and he showed me my two trailers and they are perfect. Just like the pictures in the description.

Brand spanking new!

My charge Midnite solar charge control was off (Probably due to the fact of one side of the panels was reverse polarity) I hooked it to my 240 right away and got some charge in them and they bounced right back. I was able to maintain 150 amps for 5 hours and 10 minutes. My batteries were exide tubular LMX low maintenance 48v 540 ah. Mine came out of the last auction for 700+ right before christmas. I also started a facebook group for people to share info on these units if you're interested. https://www.facebook.com/groups/448620829423165/

This is such a SMOK'N deal. Wish I had grabbed one. I'd drive out from Massachusetts to get it and still be ahead as long as the one I got was brand new. Are there any left?

Just checked that site....They are now auctioning off Body Scanning Equipment from an airport....Could be great fun at a party!

Got my first unit delivered last night. My driver got a Demonstration on how to operate it while still at the yard. So he was able to walk me through it. It’s very simple and the instructions are on the inside of the door as well.

Mine came fully charged and functioning. I put a small load on it last night after we got it in place but I want to top off my batteries with distilled water before pushing it. Also want to test it for specific gravity. But the voltage look good.

I also found eight additional 110 outlets that were not listed in any description I’ve read. And I found the generator IN port. I can’t wait to put this baby to the test.

This is one awesome piece of equipment. I would’ve made it lighter myself, but it’s definitely industrial-strength. I bought two and intended to sell one, but I like it so much, I’m thinking about keeping it as a spare. But I know there’s no need to so I won’t let that thought stick around too long.

I’ll be doing a video on it at some point because I think it’s so awesome. This thing will definitely provide the capacity and bandwidth that I need. I believe I can run a house and a shop on this thing at the same time. But my house and my shop are small so I guess that’s to be expected.

But like I said, can’t wait to put it to the test. My second one will be delivered this Thursday. We’ll see if it sells quickly or not. There seems to be more supply than demand right now but people don’t know what they’re missing.

Last edited:
This is such a SMOK'N deal. Wish I had grabbed one. I'd drive out from Massachusetts to get it and still be ahead as long as the one I got was brand new. Are there any left?
None left from this auction but there should be other auctions at some point. It’s my understanding that the bank is only letting them auction off 100 at a time. There are hundreds left. Check out the attached picture. My driver took it. The ones with all the panels facing the sun are waiting to be sold.F3B73E1A-F84A-4BCD-86FD-EC24FF3D20D7.jpeg

And now I'm jealous and wish I bought one!

Mind telling us what it cost for shipping?
To north Louisiana, I paid $1700 each. But now I have two shippers I can refer out and uship won’t get a cut, so you can pay 10-20 % less than the uship rate.

If you see this auction again jump on it people, I will be looking for another. This is a great deal Warren Buffett is providing us.

Back