diy solar

diy solar

100% Newbie, Bluetti AC200p panels don't work? PV Over voltage fault?

BMcG

Just received my AC200p with 3 200w solar panels (also bluetti). When I connect all 3 I get a PV/Car Over-Voltage Fault and no current coming in. I tried each panel individually and am able to get a little power coming in (although it is not consistent or constant).

Is this a known problem? Do I need to return it to MaxOak?

Photos attached.

I'm super new at this solar thing, any help would be appreciated. Also happy to provide any more info if needed.IMG_3652.JPGIMG_3654.JPG

Read the owners manual. Maybe the panels need to be wired parallel. Just guessing. Read the manual.

Read the owners manual. Maybe the panels need to be wired parallel. Just guessing. Read the manual.
Short answer: I think ure trying to charge in car mode, limited to 24v. Switch to pv mode.

Long answer: switch and you unlock the 150v mppt (but need at least have 35v to to turn it on).

Watch wills video. It happened to him too

Short answer: I think ure trying to charge in car mode, limited to 24v. Switch to pv mode.

Long answer: switch and you unlock the 150v mppt (but need at least have 35v to to turn it on).

Watch wills video. It happened to him too
Thank you for this. Do you have a link to the video or the name of it? Not familiar with "Will".

Thank you for this. Do you have a link to the video or the name of it? Not familiar with "Will".
Around 2 min mark.

You can also read the manual :), but pretty sure the wrong dc charge mode is the easiest way to get the overvolt alarm.

Thank you all. I was reading the manual and I understood that it would automatically switch to PV charging if the solar was connected. I missed or miss read the part where it said to change the inuput. *facepalm*

Around 2 min mark.

You can also read the manual :), but pretty sure the wrong dc charge mode is the easiest way to get the overvolt alarm.
Thank you for the video. Super helpful! Totally missed that setting to change over to PV...

Back