diy solar

diy solar

100 or 105 AH Cell & Seller Reccomendations?

HelloMan

Hey!

Newbie to this whole aliexpress/alibaba cell buying thing. I have read MANY threads on the forum now but most center on larger high capacity cells. I will be building a secondary battery for an SUV camper setup so I really only have space for the 100 or 105 ah cells! If anyone has recommendations for sellers or cells...I am totally lost in the world of identical-looking pictures and somewhat dubious titles, as well as potentially ridiculous shipping times. I have seen listings with similar photos ranging between $180 shipped for 4 105ah prismatic cells all the way to $270+ for the same capacity cells which LOOK identical in their photos. HELP! Some claim to be EVE cells (which I know are held in decent regard), others not. All of them look like the ones which Will has unerthed in many a 100ah battery -- tall & skinny!

Thanks everyone! Really appreciate it.

Did you try sending PM to Amy Wan the trusted seller to see what she has available?

Did you try sending PM to Amy Wan the trusted seller to see what she has available?
Thanks for the link! They actually do have a listing for the 105AH Eve aluminum case cells, $49 a piece. $200 for a set of 4 grade a new. They have “bulk matched” for only $33 a cell — not marked as grade A, but the reviews are good. Worth the gamble for $16 less per cell?

The shipping calculator is crazy though — $171 to ship 4 cells? For the 120AH cells it’s apparently $280?! That seems…high, unless they are sending them via air. If I buy the grade A matched, that puts the cell cost for 105AH 12V battery at $370…plus the cost of a BMS. That seems a tad high? Not totally sure…

Do not go by shipping calculator since it does not know your Zip code, you need to PM Amy or chat with her on Alibaba and provide her the Zip code to get accurate shipping charge.

Do not go by shipping calculator since it does not know your Zip code, you need to PM Amy or chat with her on Alibaba and provide her the Zip code to get accurate shipping charge.
Gotcha, thanks. I sent her a message on Alibaba.

Does ~$50 per cell (pre-shipping) seem pretty reasonable? Wondering if it is worth the "gamble" on their 120AH cells since everyone seems to trust the store, which are not specifically marked as "grade A" but are literally cheaper than the 105AH cells?

You can ask Amy all about what she sells, I.E grade of the batteries, she has been a very honest seller based on what I have read about the transactions people in this forum have with her.

(Fully Matched)--Genuine Grade A
These cells are properly tested & matched at the factory which is a test cycle of charge/discharge measuring IR at various voltages which produces a report which is used to validate & sort the cells according to the determining specs. These also usually test out at 10%+ above label rating. A report of the test results are made available with cell serial # and values.

(Bulk, Voltage & IR Matched only)
These are NOT factory matched or batched, they are typical "grade edge case" cells meaning they did not qualify fully. They may have full AH capacity but not being fully matched the cells will deviate during charge/discharge which will prevent attaining full capacity. These are only voltage matched at their standing storage voltage as well as the IR (Internal Resistance) which fluctuates during use.

NOTE> Luyuan uses Factory Sourced cells only. Most small vendors use cell brokers which can be selling odds & sods, new old stock, blems or repacked B+ cells etc... "the grey market"

The only way to get any accurate quote from any vendor is to open a Chat/Messenger session and provide them with the destination address. The shipping guesstimator is woefully off-kilter, partly because the entire shipping sector is upsidedown and costs are fluctuating like mad. It can actually change within one day. And sadly it's also terribly slowed up and everyone is suffering that.

Hope it helps, Good Luck and have fun!

All I can say is my purchase of 8, 105ah grade A cells came with factory test data, and tested using 40 amp charge/discharge by me were 100% as advertised. With shipping to AZ, came to about $520. I would have to look up the exact price, but that also included Alibaba fees. You get what you pay for.

I have 8pcs of 105's "Matched" on the truck and expected at my door Sep.01 for use in a 24V/105AH Utility Pack, I'll be putting that lot together for the Toolshed (under construction). I already have the report for the cells which I'm posting here. I know I'll get the 105AH from the Working Voltage Range without issues. Working Voltage for A Cells being 2.900-3.450.

1630075018769.png

Shipping Date NOT Applicable, they came via Air Freight and that was not cheap. There is other equipment in that shipment as well. Timing is a key for my current project, to that end, my last shipment of Midnite Solar gear just arrived as well, other materials yesterday... everything is coming together.

Back