diy solar

diy solar

$1000 12v 400aH XUBA battery pack on AliBaba... good or bad idea??

rboothe

Looking to purchase this 12v 400aH battery pack from XUBA on AliBaba. Seems like a great alternative to purchasing my own cells and creating my own battery bank. (I need between 320-400aH @ 12V.) I'm apprehensive though...
It a bad idea to order these battery packs rather than the individual cells because you can’t really individually test everything?
Any other concerns?
Has anyone purchased one like this?

Thanks much!

Attachments​

• 32E7E515-D867-4B5F-9B33-DACE04104FA6.jpeg

A couple people have ordered similar but haven't reported if they've received them yet. People were for the most part happy with XUBA though the agent who made them happy is now with Shenzhen Luyuan.

I have two now being assembled by Shenzhen Luyuan with help from the infamous Amy. Built to spec, 25 cells tested to use 16. Now being balanced, then assembled and shipped. $690 each and $350 shipping to the east coast.

Built to spec, 25 cells tested to use 16. Now being balanced, then assembled and shipped. $690 each and $350 shipping to the east coast.
That seems like a screaming deal. Tell me that isn't $1000 for a 25x400 Ah cell bank, right?

No, it's two 24v 200ah batteries each using 8 CALB 202ah. Price for each $690 plus shipping. Comes out to a little more than $900 each delivered to the US. So figure around $560 for the cells, with matching and balancing, BMS and metal case assembled for $130. To me it seems unbelievable.

No, it's two 24v 200ah batteries each using 8 CALB 202ah. Price for each $690 plus shipping. Comes out to a little more than $900 each delivered to the US. So figure around $560 for the cells, with matching and balancing, BMS and metal case assembled for $130. To me it seems unbelievable.
Cell Cost + Case Cost + BMS Cost, she's obviously NOT tacking on a Labour Amount for assembly & verification.
Shipping is funny, each one just squeezes under the fine line so the shipping is less, another 5kg, it would have been in the next rate scale. Also with all the components in "one box" that helps. More boxes & bits = more cost to ship.

BTW: This is a XUBA related Thread, so Amy & Luyuan don't fit here, do they.

A couple people have ordered similar but haven't reported if they've received them yet. People were for the most part happy with XUBA though the agent who made them happy is now with Shenzhen Luyuan.

I have two now being assembled by Shenzhen Luyuan with help from the infamous Amy. Built to spec, 25 cells tested to use 16. Now being balanced, then assembled and shipped. $690 each and $350 shipping to the east coast.
That's a great deal. Did you inquire off of AliBaba? If so, did you send a form of the template email Amy suggested in "How to buy Chinese batteries"?

Cell Cost + Case Cost + BMS Cost, she's obviously NOT tacking on a Labour Amount for assembly & verification.
Shipping is funny, each one just squeezes under the fine line so the shipping is less, another 5kg, it would have been in the next rate scale. Also with all the components in "one box" that helps. More boxes & bits = more cost to ship.

BTW: This is a XUBA related Thread, so Amy & Luyuan don't fit here, do they.
Would I need to purchase more than just the item above? In my understanding, the box contains the cells in a case outfitted with a BMS that has temp control.

Back