diy solar

diy solar

100amp Epever MPPT reset

That's a nice charge controller. However, they will blow up if you directly connect an ethernet cable from the controller to a PC without using the USB dongle.

So its showing PV voltage and battery voltage on it's display or the MT-50 (remote display) but no chargey? Is that right?

What is the green light on the controller itself doing?
That is correct. PV voltage & battery voltage on SCC and MT-50 displays, no charge or amps showing. Green light on controller shows steady green.
BTW, there is no connection to a PC.

That is correct. PV voltage & battery voltage on SCC and MT-50 displays, no charge or amps showing. Green light on controller shows steady green.
BTW, there is no connection to a PC.

Right.

So, a steady green light means everything is connected ok but the PV voltage is too low to initiate charging.

What does the controller show as PV voltage?

PV voltage & battery voltage on SCC and MT-50 displays, no charge or amps showing. Green light on controller shows steady green.
So you have good battery connection and voltage from the array. This is a good start.

The question is why is it not charging?
Broken? Maybe.

or

Are the charge settings set so that it thinks the battery does not need charging? (battery = 14V, bulk and absorb charge settings set to 13.8V for example).

What is your battery voltage and what are your charge settings?

Does the load go through the EPever controller or it goes directly from the battery?

This device keeps track of the battery state of charge and the load current. Once the battery is full (post-absorbtion phase) it supplies only enough current to compensate for the load. Once the battery is depleted to a certain point (there was a setting for that, but I don't recall it right now) it will restart the charging process and supply current to the battery again.

If the load is directly attached to the battery the SCC can't keep track of the load current. There will be no current produced from the controller until the battery voltage drop to a certain point. Even if there is a load and sun at the same time. Once the voltage goes below that point the SCC will recharge the battery and then the whole process repeats.

Does the load go through the EPever controller or it goes directly from the battery?

This device keeps track of the battery state of charge and the load current. Once the battery is full (post-absorbtion phase) it supplies only enough current to compensate for the load. Once the battery is depleted to a certain point (there was a setting for that, but I don't recall it right now) it will restart the charging process and supply current to the battery again.

If the load is directly attached to the battery the SCC can't keep track of the load current. There will be no current produced from the controller until the battery voltage drop to a certain point. Even if there is a load and sun at the same time. Once the voltage goes below that point the SCC will recharge the battery and then the whole process repeats.

None of this applies.

The green light on Epever blinks if the controller is in bulk, absorption or float and will glow steady at night when the charger is in cutout mode.

It will never remain steady on during the day.

Does the load goes through the EPever or is it directly connected to the battery?

What does the controller show for the battery? Full or there are missing bars on the picture? Can you post a picture of its display? The picture will provide much more detail on the state of the controller.

Does the load goes through the EPever or is it directly connected to the battery?

What does the controller show for the battery? Full or there are missing bars on the picture? Can you post a picture of its display?

OP is AWOL.

The 100 amp Epever cannot have a load hooked to it.

Are you familiar with the CC in question?

Seems like I'm not. The 1206AN that I use is the same series, but there is a major difference between the <50A models and the >=50A models.

All of the above apply only to the small models that provide output for the load.

Triple-check the basics. Did the battery lead get hot before it popped out of the CC? In other words, were there signs of burning on the wire or are there signs of charring/melting on the connection at the controller?

Do you restrip the wires and make sure you have full insertion and haven't just torqued the connections down on nothing?

Take a pic of your connections at the CC and post it here.

If you have GOOD CONNECTIONS, PV voltage showing on the display that is high enough to begin charging and battery voltage showing and a steady green light, then the controller is probably bad.

I would see if you could access the controller with a PC and see what that shows.

In all that, it probably fried when the battery lead popped out while it was in the middle of charging.
I have this solar set up , and almost exact issue , battery lead popped because I didn't get it seated good and it arched all day and got hot and threw a battery over vaultage disconnect code . Pv voltage showed and so did battery voltage except no green light on and my pv icon was not displayed, yet all the numbers on the display screen were all matching up with my multimeter , Like the logic of the controller was stuck and wouldn't reset. I unplugged it for 10 to 15 minutes and it reset fine . It did not reset with multiple attempts of less than 10 to 15 minutes.

New to the forum and solar power. My SCC (100amp Epever MPPT) shows I'm getting voltage (40+) from two 390w bi-facial panels but shows no amps from SCC to batteries (12v AGMx2). Tested panels on the roof of RV with clamp meter and showing volts and amps. The positive cable from SCC to batteries was evidently not tight enough as it came loose (pulled out of SCC) while panels were putting out mid-day. Also at this time, we were plugged into shore power. I have a 50amp breaker switch between the panels and the SCC with a 150amp fuse between the batteries and the inverter and a 30amp fuse between the SCC and batteries, none of which tripped or blew. I have read that the charge controller can be reset, but there is no reset button. I'm not sure of the sequence for disconnecting and reconnecting the cables to do a reset and the owners manual(?) doesn't reference any type of reset. The fuse in the controller tests good. If the SCC HAS been damaged, can it be repaired, and if so where and/or how? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I have this solar set up , and almost exact issue , battery lead popped because I didn't get it seated good and it arched all day and got hot and threw a battery over vaultage disconnect code . Pv voltage showed and so did battery voltage except no green light on and my pv icon was not displayed, yet all the numbers on the display screen were all matching up with my multimeter , Like the logic of the controller was stuck and wouldn't reset. I unplugged it for 10 to 15 minutes and it reset fine . It did not reset with multiple attempts of less than 10 to 15 minutes.

Back