diy solar

diy solar

100pcs eve LF304k cells grade A?

Mecheng

So I am about to purchase cells on a quote from alibaba.

I have read the forums and done what I feel is good diligence.

100pcs Eve LF304k grade A cells for $10,300 before shipping.

I have pictures of the QR codes and there is no B on them. They appear to be from a recent batch 8/17/22 Attached pic.

I was provided the eve test report which is attached.

The seller will be reserving me serial numbers frome the batch once I place the order.

Given this info it seems these cells are legitimately brand new grade A cells. Anyone have any concerns? Anything else I can do to request proof of grade A?

It seems like this is legit, but the price is pretty good. I did do a lot of haggling based on my qty being pretty high.

Thanks for the comments

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220922-175231.png
    Screenshot_20220922-175231.png
    772.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_20220922-175431.png
    Screenshot_20220922-175431.png
    533.2 KB · Views: 54
Are you buying them directly from EVE Energy store?
Link to the seller on Alibaba?

Last edited:
So I am about to purchase cells on a quote from alibaba.

I have read the forums and done what I feel is good diligence.

100pcs Eve LF304k grade A cells for $10,300 before shipping.

I have pictures of the QR codes and there is no B on them. They appear to be from a recent batch 8/17/22 Attached pic.

I was provided the eve test report which is attached.

The seller will be reserving me serial numbers frome the batch once I place the order.

Given this info it seems these cells are legitimately brand new grade A cells. Anyone have any concerns? Anything else I can do to request proof of grade A?

It seems like this is legit, but the price is pretty good. I did do a lot of haggling based on my qty being pretty high.

Thanks for the comments

Those serials look good if this is what you get its the best price ever, cheaper than 280K even. What were you quoted for shipping $25.00/cell?

I'm reluctant to post the seller yet. I did a lot of work and haggling to get here and it would be really unfortunate to lose all that work.

I was going to ship FOB port of Oakland for $850 by sea. There is a clearing house that will clear the goods for $400 and I can pick them up myself from the port.

Otherwise it's $1950 ddp my door

I'll share it once I place my order. Should be early next week. Sounds legitimate. They'll take PayPal too which I think is very safe for me.

I'm reluctant to post the seller yet. I did a lot of work and haggling to get here and it would be really unfortunate to lose all that work.
Why would you be losing all that work on the agreement on the purchase you are already made?

Well good luck to you, just remember If something goes wrong, paypal will not be of any help when they tell you have to ship back the cells to China...

A while back people thought they were going to get a deal doing a group buy and they ended up with garbage.

But then again some people have gotten smokin deals that were legit. But generally you get what you pay for.

I wish the whole 'Grade A' thing would just go away. There is no standard for a 'Grade A' cell. If you are asking if those cells meet the standard for use in electric vehicles, the answer is probably no. Otherwise they would not be on the secondary market at the price you were quoted.

That being said, I purchased two separate batches of EVE 304ah cells earlier in the year. One shipment of 36 cells arrived in February 2022, and the second arrived in June 2022. I'm pretty patient (until I'm not) and curious, so I have been capacity testing each cell with an iCharger X8. So far I've tested 32 cells from the first batch and found they have an average of 317ah with the range being from 308.6ah to 320.3ah. Both of those were outliers, and most of the cells are between 316.5 and 318.5. I've tested 10 cells from the second shipment, and they average around 314ah with the range being from 311.7 to 315.5.

@Alkaline is correct about the date code. The sticker with the legible date on it has nothing to do with the manufacture date of the cell. The QR Code is standardized based on Chinese government requirements for cell traceability. I posted here in a thread about how to interpret the letters in the QR code date, and the post above that shows which portion of the code has the date, and the post after discusses the LiFePoQR Code scanner app, which can read the codes for you.

As an example, the first code in your list is 04QCB7E717600JC3M0306717. The J in the middle is the location of manufacture, and then the next three characters are the date code in year-month-day order. 'C' stands for the number 12, which is added to 2010 to give the year 2022. 3 is the month of March. 'M' stands for the number 21, which means the 21st day of the month. So that cell was dated March 21, 2022 by the manufacturer.

If I had to pick between cells with manufacturers test report and without, I am always going to go with manufacturers test report.

I have learned this the hardway, been doing it for 2 years, XUBA, no where to be found sold Grade B Cells, Basen same story.

My xuba cells 2 out of 8 are junk now, can not charge them will never go over 3.3 volts no matter what you do if you put amps they immediatly go to 3.8V and as soon as you take the charger off drop to 3.3.

Basen cells all tested between 264 AH when new probably under 255 now.

The only cells that were decent were Amy Wan's Luyuan matched & batched cells and even those did not do much higher than 278, but they charge well and discharge and have no funny business. I have drawn over 2200 watts from the 8S battery and the voltage stays at 25.9v

My basen pack would dip into the 24.6 for the same load. and Xuba set can no longer do it, inverter just shuts off.

Last edited:
I wish the whole 'Grade A' thing would just go away. There is no standard for a 'Grade A' cell. If you are asking if those cells meet the standard for use in electric vehicles, the answer is probably no. Otherwise they would not be on the secondary market at the price you were quoted.

That being said, I purchased two separate batches of EVE 304ah cells earlier in the year. One shipment of 36 cells arrived in February 2022, and the second arrived in June 2022. I'm pretty patient (until I'm not) and curious, so I have been capacity testing each cell with an iCharger X8. So far I've tested 32 cells from the first batch and found they have an average of 317ah with the range being from 308.6ah to 320.3ah. Both of those were outliers, and most of the cells are between 316.5 and 318.5. I've tested 10 cells from the second shipment, and they average around 314ah with the range being from 311.7 to 315.5.

@Alkaline is correct about the date code. The sticker with the legible date on it has nothing to do with the manufacture date of the cell. The QR Code is standardized based on Chinese government requirements for cell traceability. I posted here in a thread about how to interpret the letters in the QR code date, and the post above that shows which portion of the code has the date, and the post after discusses the LiFePoQR Code scanner app, which can read the codes for you.

As an example, the first code in your list is 04QCB7E717600JC3M0306717. The J in the middle is the location of manufacture, and then the next three characters are the date code in year-month-day order. 'C' stands for the number 12, which is added to 2010 to give the year 2022. 3 is the month of March. 'M' stands for the number 21, which means the 21st day of the month. So that cell was dated March 21, 2022 by the manufacturer.

The date code makes more sense then. I believe I read somewhere the auto manufacturers won't use cells more than 3 months old. Not sure if that is true, but it does make more sense as to why these cells may be out on the market.

The cells will be tested prior to shipment as well. The last thing to work out before the sale is warranty and what happens if the cells arrive damaged or they don't test out good on my end. If the answer is that I have to ship them back I likely will scrap this deal and buy built rack type units with the ten year warranty.

Batteries arrived. Wood pallet, crated beautifully. All grade A cells eve. Age is 3-8 months. So far they test out 314+ ah on my ebc-a40l.

I promised I'd give the contact which is Frida at shandong yixen.

Have fun out there!

Some of the cells had test stickers some did not. I tested with and without and they test similar.

Can you post a link to the cells with the test report the 304 I looked all over there alibaba site I could not find it.

Back