diy solar

diy solar

100W Folding Solar Plus Low Battery Nintendo Switch Equals...

EricT808

Switch Solar Panels.png

So, I am new to the whole solar thing and I am getting my feet wet, so-to-speak. Charging my sons Nintendo Switch Lite from a red low battery to 99%
took 2 hours and 44 minutes on a 60-70F degree March day in Austin, Texas. I used the fast charge USB port on the back of a Rockpals 100W folding solar panel, using the original Nintendo USB-C cable.

Next on the list for my solar powered gaming setup is to get a USB-C portable monitor, so I can run my Nintendo Switch in docked mode (I am older and my eyes are getting worse...and I prefer playing with the pro controller and laid back) while running off of a power station/battery bank that is 100% powered by the sun.
Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 10.57.05 AM.png

I am a big fan of all the ARM (SOC - system on a chip) powered technology out there for the power consumption benefits. The Switch, the M1 Powered MacBook's, iPads, Androids Smartphones/Tablets, etc. It's nice to have a full bore gaming PC, but for the power savings...I have been leaning into the ARM side of the fence, and who can say no to Mario and Zelda!?

Last edited:
Back