diy solar

diy solar

105ah battery from Luyuan/Amy Wan - great experience

Nightguest

This is a thank you to both this forum and Amy Wan.

I'm very new to DIY Solar projects so buying a battery was the first big step, one that was rather daunting thanks to the varying quality of batteries out there.
So this forum was a great source of info, as the feedback that other people posted here was really useful in helping me to find someone that ships honestly.
I know that there are a lot of real/honest sellers, so please don't take this as a dig at anyone else, it's just really hard to judge things, especially if you're new!

Other than that, I did talk with Amy for quite a while before making the purchase and I did appreciate the fact that she was very enthusiastic to answer my (newbie) questions, and on top of that, very patient before I actually purchased anything. For context, it took me over a month (actually two) between initially contacting her on Alibaba and actually buying anything. During that time she did not (even once) ask if I was going to buy anything, she always just answered any questions that I had.

The delivery was as expected, shipping a battery from China takes a long time, but again, thanks to this forum (other people leaving their reviews) and Amy's honest explanation, I knew what I was getting into so there were no issues. The battery actually arrived a week earlier than expected, so that was great.

When it arrived, the packaging was done really well, compact and padded, and the best part was that the battery was advertised as 105ah, but my tests showed it at 112ah. (This is a 12v battery.)

So all in all, a big thanks to this community for helping me find the right battery, and to Amy for being extremely helpful and patient with my first-ever battery purchase!

Here are a few photos of what the packaging looked like.
*This arrived back in February, and I've been lurking around here (without registering for a while). I wanted to make this post earlier, but time and life got in the way. However, better late than never, and I hope that this helps some people!

photo_2023-04-02_22-12-48.jpgphoto_2023-04-02_22-12-45.jpgphoto_2023-04-02_22-12-41.jpg

This is a thank you to both this forum and Amy Wan.

I'm very new to DIY Solar projects so buying a battery was the first big step, one that was rather daunting thanks to the varying quality of batteries out there.
So this forum was a great source of info, as the feedback that other people posted here was really useful in helping me to find someone that ships honestly.
I know that there are a lot of real/honest sellers, so please don't take this as a dig at anyone else, it's just really hard to judge things, especially if you're new!

Other than that, I did talk with Amy for quite a while before making the purchase and I did appreciate the fact that she was very enthusiastic to answer my (newbie) questions, and on top of that, very patient before I actually purchased anything. For context, it took me over a month (actually two) between initially contacting her on Alibaba and actually buying anything. During that time she did not (even once) ask if I was going to buy anything, she always just answered any questions that I had.

The delivery was as expected, shipping a battery from China takes a long time, but again, thanks to this forum (other people leaving their reviews) and Amy's honest explanation, I knew what I was getting into so there were no issues. The battery actually arrived a week earlier than expected, so that was great.

When it arrived, the packaging was done really well, compact and padded, and the best part was that the battery was advertised as 105ah, but my tests showed it at 112ah. (This is a 12v battery.)

So all in all, a big thanks to this community for helping me find the right battery, and to Amy for being extremely helpful and patient with my first-ever battery purchase!

Here are a few photos of what the packaging looked like.
*This arrived back in February, and I've been lurking around here (without registering for a while). I wanted to make this post earlier, but time and life got in the way. However, better late than never, and I hope that this helps some people!

View attachment 142604View attachment 142606View attachment 142605
Great to hear you had a good experience, Luyuan/Amy Wan seem to be working their way up to market leaders in terms of quality products and customer service.
I was looking at that Luyuan battery myself for a smaller project I have coming up. Do you care to share the full specs and price? Was there a BMS included inside the case?

So. The price was that times four, right?

isn't signature Solara prebuilt one cheaper then?

Sorry, I may have been unclear, the part about 4x105ah cells was a reply to @octal_ip regarding the specifications of the battery.
One 12V battery is made out of 4 LiFePo4 cells at 3.2V each.

I do live in the Netherlands so paid in Euros, but for some reason, my Alibaba shows the paid-for/past order prices in USD, which is frustrating!

The total price was 468 USD and that was broken down into 398 USD for the battery and 70 USD for shipping.

Did you contact her through Alibaba or other form of communication? I'd like to buy cells from her company.

Did you contact her through Alibaba or other form of communication? I'd like to buy cells from her company.
The easiest way is to start a Messenger Chat on Alibaba with Amy because you can use that to log your communications etc.
I have used VISA & TT Direct Transfer (faster & more efficient) with Amy @ Luyuan and ZERO ISSUES. This is NOT something I do with unknown un-proven vendors. MAIN LINK: https://szluyuan.en.alibaba.com/ and see the messenger/chat floaters, pick messenger.

ALSO pay attention to the BMS and other offerings, they are VERY competitive and beat many others pricing. Also if you buy lugs, wires etc they ship in ONE Box (saves $) and can do it so that everything arrives in one shipment. People often do not realize but there is a minimum cost "per box" plus weight etc added to the shipping, less boxes = less fees & costs...

Hope it helps, Good Luck.

Back