diy solar

diy solar

117th Congress & Solar/Storage/Energy

CRS Reports
Alternative Fuel and Advanced Vehicle Technology Incentives: A Summary of Federal Programs
Surface Transportation and Climate Change: Provisions in the Senate-Passed Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act

SEIA
FERC Study: Solar Remained a Reliable Electricity Source During Texas Blackouts
Secretary Granholm Asks U.S. Mayors to Speed Solar Deployment with Online Permitting Tool
Modern Infrastructure Means a Modern Electric Grid
Solar Industry Letter to Sec. Raimondo: Anonymous Tariff Proposal Could Devastate U.S. Clean Energy and Climate Progress
Solar Industry Statement on Key House Committee Markups for the Build Back Better Act
Solar Prices Increase Across Every Market Segment for the First Time in Seven Years

Bills
H.R.5368 - To direct the Secretary of Energy to establish a program to demonstrate the technical and economic viability of carrying out clean energy projects on current and former mine land
H.R.5367 - To direct the Secretary of Energy to establish a program to award grants for qualifying advanced energy projects
H.R.5350 - To amend the Geothermal Steam Act of 1970 to promote timely exploration for geothermal resources under geothermal leases
H.R.5332 - To require the Secretary of Energy to carry out a program to provide grants and loans to support and expand the domestic solar component manufacturing supply chain
H.R.5292 - Energy Accountability Act
H.R.5279 - Defense Energy Efficiency Act
H.R.5277 - Climate Security Jobs Act

Last edited:
H.R.5477 - To amend chapter 3 of title 5, United States Code, to require Federal agencies to maintain plans for responding to, mitigating, and adapting to climate change

Last edited:
Isn’t it wonderful to see our Congress developing legislation via the Twitterverse? After all, who needs hearings, testimony and written documents that citizens might read and revue, and why even worry about the final cost? We’re so goddamned lucky…

Isn’t it wonderful to see our Congress developing legislation via the Twitterverse? After all, who needs hearings, testimony and written documents that citizens might read and revue, and why even worry about the final cost? We’re so goddamned lucky…
Hey, shut up and follow OUR science. ?(but the costs are on you peasants to pay).

CRS Reports
Greenhouse Gas Emission Reduction Pledges by Selected Countries: Nationally Determined Contributions and Net-Zero Legislation

The Whitehouse
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/10/28/build-back-better-framework/

Investments in Clean Energy and Combatting Climate Change
  • Clean Energy Tax Credits ($320 billion): Ten-year expanded tax credits for utility-scale and residential clean energy, transmission and storage, clean passenger and commercial vehicles, and clean energy manufacturing.
  • Resilience Investments ($105 billion): Investments and incentives to address extreme weather (wildfires, droughts, and hurricanes, including in forestry, wetlands, and agriculture), legacy pollution in communities, and a Civilian Climate Corps.
  • Investments and Incentives for Clean Energy Technology, Manufacturing, and Supply Chains ($110 billion): Targeted incentives to spur new domestic supply chains and technologies, like solar, batteries, and advanced materials, while boosting the competitiveness of existing industries, like steel, cement, and aluminum.
  • Clean Energy procurement ($20 billion): Provide incentives for government to be purchaser of next gen technologies, including long-duration storage, small modular reactors, and clean construction materials.

SEIA

Bills
  • H.R.5620 - Biojet Fuel Research Act
  • H.R.5707 - PROTECT Florida Act
  • H.R.5749 - To impose natural gas trading limits during emergencies.
  • H.R.5775 - To require the use of the voice and vote of the United States in international financial institutions to advance the cause of transitioning the global economy to a clean energy economy and to prohibit United States Government assistance to countries or entities to support fossil fuel activity, and for other purposes

CRS Reports
The Whitehouse
SEIA

Bills
  • H.R.5889 - To amend title VI of the Public Utility Regulatory Policies Act of 1978 to establish a Federal energy efficiency resource standard for retail electricity suppliers and retail natural gas suppliers
  • H.R.5821 - To provide additional benefits to American workers whose employment has been impacted as a result of the transition to a clean energy economy
  • H.R.5845 - To amend the Energy Policy and Conservation Act with respect to regional standards for furnaces, central air conditioners, and heat pumps.
  • H.R.5876 - To prohibit the implementation of climate finance plans

Last edited:
CRS Reports
The Whitehouse
SEIA

Bills
  • H.R.5889 - To amend title VI of the Public Utility Regulatory Policies Act of 1978 to establish a Federal energy efficiency resource standard for retail electricity suppliers and retail natural gas suppliers
  • H.R.5821 - To provide additional benefits to American workers whose employment has been impacted as a result of the transition to a clean energy economy
  • H.R.5845 - To amend the Energy Policy and Conservation Act with respect to regional standards for furnaces, central air conditioners, and heat pumps.
  • H.R.5876 - To prohibit the implementation of climate finance plans

Yup. We are screwed. About to buy an ebike tricycle to bring home food once the economy collapses.

About to buy an ebike tricycle to bring home food...
eBike tricycle sounds fun! But, the reason I keep looking at/reporting what Congress is doing is the media doesn't do good/timely coverage, and when they do provide coverage there is typically some spin attached. This way if I see something particularly worrying I can send a note well in advance:
The CSR notes seem amazingly non-partisan, everything else is definitely partisan to some extent. Don't forget that a lot of the bills won't be passed into law, and they'll probably get revised on the way. I like the "single-subject" bills far more than the kitchen-sink bills - they're simpler and can pass/fail on their own merits.

I suspect once I see the text for H.R.5876 I'll be opposed to it, you don't withhold financing on something that must be done. But I understand there's them that still believe it isn't on par with the hardest thing we've ever had to do as a country.

CRS Reports

The Whitehouse

SEIA

Bills
  • H.R.2762 - Climate-Resilient International Development Optimization Act
  • H.R.5889 - American Energy Efficiency Act
  • H.R.5896 - To incentivize innovative transportation corridors to reduce carbon and GHG emissions, to provide a tax structure that allows for certain investments in public transportation systems, and to enable the fossil fuel workforce to transition to sustainable work sectors.
  • H.R.5899 - Biomass and Biogas for Electric Vehicles Act
  • H.R.5965 - To direct the Secretary of Energy to establish a pilot program to enter into contracts for payment of costs associated with using eligible hydrogen

Last edited:
You gotta love the stupidity of this Admin. Shut off the power plants and tear down the dams and hydro-electric plants.
No Lithium production due to a plant being in the way.
Russia better run their pipeline under the Pacific to the US. We are going to need the oil from them, as we won't let Canada build a pipeline to us.

These are the exact steps required to destroy an economy and a country. This is their plan.

Yeah.. they said the same EXACT thing when we decided to ban CFC's (Ozone hole) and when we told the coal plants to stop blowing sulfur out their stacks (acid rain)... And all the greedy hooligans said "they want to destroy the economy and the country"..

A few decades ago, we thought that the lack of access to good information and science was the cause of mass ignorance.. We know that's not true now.

Hey, shut up and follow OUR science. ?(but the costs are on you peasants to pay).
What's wrong with that? You follow "their science" when you turn your computer on, connect to the internet, and get on a website to complain about it.. You follow "their science" when you end up in the emergency room, get on a plane, or brush your teeth in the morning.. (you do brush your teeth right?)..

So why now? Why, all of a sudden, do you not wish to follow "their science", while still following it with everything else?

Pick and choose much? Double standard? Or perhaps just illogical, and irrational, personal bias?

Yup. We are screwed. About to buy an ebike tricycle to bring home food once the economy collapses.
You might want to go get that food now because by the time you need the ebike to bring it home, it will be too late to go get it.

You might want to go get that food now because by the time you need the ebike to bring it home, it will be too late to go get it.
Old post, but believe it or not, I am STILL waiting for that ebike to show up from China. And thanks, I do have the food. Mountain House.

Old post, but believe it or not, I am STILL waiting for that ebike to show up from China. And thanks, I do have the food. Mountain House.
Just got the bike! Its a blast to do 30mph with the throttle only...

Attachments

• 20220429_163625.jpg
    20220429_163625.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220429_163555.jpg
    20220429_163555.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 1
Back