diy solar

diy solar

12 volt grid tie all-in-one unicorn?

That price is… suspicious
But that price!!! That might be fun to experiment with.

Thank you. I’m going to study up on it and figure out if it’s nuclear or whatever before I order it.

100V max volts is disconcerting but 3S would work ok

shipping (was $135 US shipping for me,
$210 shipping which seems a bit absurd when other items aren’t much more with free shipping lol

At this point I’m unhappy with my Epever AN50 cutting out on equalize so I probably should be shopping for something to handle 150V PV but this is only 100V. Plus I need to depend on it day by day and that’s an unknown quantity.
Maybe as close as you will get. Uses a torroidal transformer
I do like that feature
The 100V PV limit seems slightly annoying for a 50A mppt; they have this chart:66643C95-26EF-48FD-8A90-54F6324A877B.jpeg

…and I’m assuming the 24V machine is different. Maybe I’m safe as my highest voltage has been 94V at below zero 0*F but that just feels like it’s cutting it close.

I could merely replace the charge controller with This item from Ampinvt which supports the array voltage.

Alternatively, and preferable at the moment, is to simply use the 1000W / 80A version of the MPP Solar PIP-1012LV-MK for $632 with its 115V PV max volts, or the less attractive “500W” / 40A version that says it will take 102V* max PV for $425.
*They rate 102V VOC but they don’t state whether that’s VOC at 77*F or an ambient adjusted 102V.
The VOC qualifier without a temperature is ambiguous and confuses me- if companies would merely say “102V maximum voltage” that’s an absolute. Easy to understand.

Last edited:
preferable at the moment, is to simply use the 1000W / 80A version of the MPP Solar PIP-1012LV-MK for $632 with its 115V PV max volts, or the less attractive “500W” / 40A version that says it will take 102V* max PV for $425
Been running the -MK version a few months. I like it.

I just made coffee in full sun. No grid connection at all. It started clicking so I looked at it. 680W and it cuts the solar panels off and goes 100% off batteries. Turned off coffeemaker and it stops clicking and solar panels put out 21A

What’s up with that??!
I can’t use solar first? I’m set sbu.

Back