diy solar

diy solar

120 on a 2 pole

saltedbeardman

OK now that I have the right wire size figured out I have another question that has come up from a conversation I had with a friend. My 3000w 24v inverter is not 220v. how do I wire 110 into a 2 lug square D breaker box. I do NOT want 220. If I wire to a single pole I was told that if I have a short or surge that it wouldn't be enough to trip before the wire melts. I was told to put a 110v 60amp fused disconnect to counter any issues. I haven't been able to find any at Home Depot. Please help! I'm stuck and I want to make sure that family is safe. Can someone give me guidance from inverter to Breaker Box?

Just use one side of a two pole disconnect. What do you plan to do when you connect to the breaker box?

If you look at my signature, the "About my system" link you will see panels wired for 120VAC schematics etc are all there.

You'll also need to know if the inverter has an internal ground/neutral bond. If it does, you'll want to remove the bonding screw from your panel, as you only want one point of bonding. Your panel will essentially be a sub-panel.

Back