diy solar

diy solar

120V AC Input / 240V AC Output with LV6840

Johnmahon

What's Your State of Charge?
Greetings… Using an LV6048 with EG4-LL 48v batteries, Can I charge the batteries using 120v with utility using AC input, but output 240v through the AC Output ports with power from the batteries/utility?

If so, does anyone know the settings? I’ve tried just about every combination in the setting options I can think of with no luck.
Also, I seem to have a ground neutral bond issue. If there is no grid/utility whatsoever, my 240v application (load) does not power on due to ground not being present. How would I ground AC Output with no ground to tie into from the grid? However, if I have AC Input connected to the utility, the 240v application recognizes the ground from the grid and everything is fine. But I won’t always have a grid to connect AC Input and would still need my 240 AC Output to receive proper grounding to run. But doing this, I cannot get the inverter to go into bypass mode, charging the batteries...

You can see how my two questions are related :)

To help, I have this exact setup and want to accomplish charging an electric vehicle using the configurations/equpment seen here:

Hope this makes sense :)

Oh right. This is a confusing issue. All you need is to use a 10 gauge jumper between ac input line 1 and 2. Here's a diagram from the manual. this will allow you to use 120V and the input
Screenshot_20220610-205812_Drive.jpg

10 gauge jumper between ac input line 1 and 2.
As it turns out, I am already doing this, but I am still not able to charge the batteries using 120V AC Input from utility to produce a 240V AC Output from the overall battery bank system. I'm not sure this is even possible. Perhaps you have to have 240V going in to get 240V coming out?

Also, as soon as utility is no longer available (unplugged - just battery only) - I cannot get a successful 240V AC Output without getting the ground error. The T flashes twice in RED, with ESLA in Green on the mobile charger. Telsa troubleshooting tips indicate this is a grounding loss issue.

Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 9.07.15 PM.png

Back