diy solar

diy solar

12kW on BOTH Sol-Ark 12K

RV10flyer

Solar Wizard
Gentlemen: This is why it’s called a 12K. If you have enough new solar panels, even on November 18, 2022, you can max it out. ☀️??. It’s sunny and 35F. I had to turn the Fujitsu mini hp off, open the power shed and cool it down. Internal temps on ac side: 33C, DC: 64C. If we had anymore dark cloudy days, I would charging with the 10kW LP Gen. Love these, even with their minor flaws. Stay warm and cozy.1668797036500.png07BF7B32-37AD-4B00-B0C3-E0ABD05609A7.jpegF4E6337C-13DE-466D-8E7F-99F26AE5A567.jpeg

Last edited:
What battery is it?

Personally, I dont really care if it can take 12k worth of dc. It would be better if it could make 12k ac. I had to get a 2nd one because 9k just is not enough to run a lot of ac equipment.

What battery is it?

Personally, I dont really care if it can take 12k worth of dc. It would be better if it could make 12k ac. I had to get a 2nd one because 9k just is not enough to run a lot of ac equipment.
Or upgrade to a 15k, which can do 15k AC

Does the 15k do 15k ac? I think it only does 12.

My 12k x 2 setup makes 18k which is plenty of juice.

What battery is it?

I built 10ea 16S 280aH batteries. 1000A busbar 7’ long. They are 8K a/c output-off grid. I bought two. 16k is plenty. 24 would allow me to run aux heat strip on air handlers, but not necessary unless temps are below 20F. Then I have a woodburner and plenty of dead/dying trees to clean up. They each charge at 185A. I think they are perfect for the average all electric home in the USA, maxed out 26,000W pv input snd correct battery size (3-5 days worth). If you’re using 8K for loads, you should also be putting 4K into battery, it’s 12k because of the input. I don’t understand why everyone thinks SA lied about it. I looked at specs. I knew I needed the max pv, load output and dc charging with two. Their numbers are a perfect combination. If you had 12k output, when do you think we would charge the properly sized battery. Everyone would buy one, overload it and never get their off grid battery recharged.

I built 10ea 16S 280aH batteries. 1000A busbar 7’ long. They are 8K a/c output-off grid. I bought two. 16k is plenty. 24 would allow me to run aux heat strip on air handlers, but not necessary unless temps are below 20F. Then I have a woodburner and plenty of dead/dying trees to clean up. They each charge at 185A. I think they are perfect for the average all electric home in the USA, maxed out 26,000W pv input snd correct battery size (3-5 days worth). If you’re using 8K for loads, you should also be putting 4K into battery, it’s 12k because of the input. I don’t understand why everyone thinks SA lied about it. I looked at specs. I knew I needed the max pv, load output and dc charging with two. Their numbers are a perfect combination. If you had 12k output, when do you think we would charge the properly sized battery. Everyone would buy one, overload it and never get their off grid battery recharged.
Good points

Thats a heck of a battery. You must get more cloudy weather there. I live in san diego county, its sunny 300 days a year. Dont need so much battery here.

Back