diy solar

diy solar

12v 190ah lifepo4 from aliexpress

John Frum

Tell me your problems
Has anyone purchased and received 4PCS NEW 3.2V 190Ah ?
Will Prowse recommends them but I have not seen any actual review of them.

Are they brand new grade A cells?
Are the buss bars as advertised?
Are the terminals and screws fit for purpose?

The price is low enough to make me want to check before I take a flying leap.

Last edited:
i ordered some of the 190's but gonna be a while yet before I get them. They have created a shipping label, but no tracking info available yet.

I am interested in ordering a set of these. Will the same BMS recommended for the 105AH cells work with these?

That depends on how many amps you wanna pull from the battery.
I guess I need to educate myself on what a BMS does. I actually thought it just monitored temps and voltage, but I guess the load actually flow through the BMS? Anyway, off to class. :)

I ordered these, but still waiting for delivery.. Also got the BMS with low temp cutoff from BatteryHookup, that Will liked....

I've been contemplating these cells. I would have to use a higher current BMS like the Daly with low temp cutoff. However, I might spend a little more for the 8PCS 150AH listing. This would provide additional capacity and the ability to build one working 12V battery in the field should a cell fail.

@Jo.Jo Please let us know how the cells work and the manufacturing date.

If you are in a hurry .... negotiate a faster shipping method. They use FedEx, but it seems from China to California they use the slow boat method standard.

I've been contemplating these cells. I would have to use a higher current BMS like the Daly with low temp cutoff. However, I might spend a little more for the 8PCS 150AH listing. This would provide additional capacity and the ability to build one working 12V battery in the field should a cell fail.

@Jo.Jo Please let us know how the cells work and the manufacturing date.
Sorry, but my cells are still on the move.

Upon request of a delivery date from the dealer, he told me as promised in 45 days, so at the beginning of february ... :(

Last edited:
My point of view is that 100AH and 200AH cells units is the nominal spec. capacity. Capacity rates lower than nominal are cycled cells and not grade A anymore. This explains the big difference in price versus nominal. Chinese sellers won't tell you in chat communication up front about this. You may have to raise this question for clarification prior ordering. Reduced capacity cells doesn't mean that parts are bad, just used and degrated.

My point of view is that 100AH and 200AH cells units is the nominal spec. capacity. Capacity rates lower than nominal are cycled cells and not grade A anymore. This explains the big difference in price versus nominal. Chinese sellers won't tell you in chat communication up front about this. You may have to raise this question for clarification prior ordering. Reduced capacity cells doesn't mean that parts are bad, just used and degrated.
The Ad states these are New Cells......... Going to be a problem if I get used ones..............

I bought these a few months back and they're as advertised. One thing I've noticed though in the pictures people post in the comments is the recent batches are different batteries. The middle circle is oval on mine and older ones, and the newer ones is a proper circle, so clearly different, whether that makes a difference I don't know.

Sorry, but my cells are still on the move.

Upon request of a delivery date from the dealer, he told me as promised in 45 days, so at the beginning of february ... :(

45 days - HOLY COW -- our 200aH 3.2v cells typically get here in 6-8 days .. Of the three manufacturers we typically use 12 days has been the longest ... so obviously they are waiting to get an entire 40 foot container full before shipping to LA and then packaging and mailing ... I bet your shipping label will be from LA and not China .. if it is from China I be pissed that it took 45 days ... There is no reason for that .. did they tell you that when you placed the order??

45 days - HOLY COW -- our 200aH 3.2v cells typically get here in 6-8 days .. Of the three manufacturers we typically use 12 days has been the longest ... so obviously they are waiting to get an entire 40 foot container full before shipping to LA and then packaging and mailing ... I bet your shipping label will be from LA and not China .. if it is from China I be pissed that it took 45 days ... There is no reason for that .. did they tell you that when you placed the order??
I placed my order the 24th of december last year and i`m from switzerland. Since the 8 of january I‘ve received a UPS-label saying me that my goods were in Nuernberg (Germany) aprox. 4 car-hours from me. So, I`m waiting and waiting and... LOL

I placed my order the 24th of december last year and i`m from switzerland. Since the 8 of january I‘ve received a UPS-label saying me that my goods were in Nuernberg (Germany) aprox. 4 car-hours from me. So, I`m waiting and waiting and... LOL

I have been to both Nuremberg and allot of Switzerland - heck - its a beautiful drive this time of year -- you could just drive and get them ..:)

I have been to both Nuremberg and allot of Switzerland - heck - its a beautiful drive this time of year -- you could just drive and get them ..:)

I suspect somehow Jo.Jo would only return with less rubber on his tires.

I too am considering buying these cells. One of the disadvantages appears to be the small terminal bolts. I'd like to draw 75a for several minutes from a 4s 190ah 12v battery. I have some questions that might be answered by those of you buying these cells:
  • Are the bolts and buss bars sufficient for this load?
  • What is the max allowable torque on these bolts?
  • Can the bolt holes be safely drilled and tapped for a larger bolt?
I'm looking forward to hearing some real world experience on these cells.

I too am considering buying these cells. One of the disadvantages appears to be the small terminal bolts. I'd like to draw 75a for several minutes from a 4s 190ah 12v battery. I have some questions that might be answered by those of you buying these cells:
  • Are the bolts and buss bars sufficient for this load?
  • What is the max allowable torque on these bolts?
  • Can the bolt holes be safely drilled and tapped for a larger bolt?
I'm looking forward to hearing some real world experience on these cells.

The bolts purely hold the cable to the top of the battery terminal, the size of the bolt is fairly irrelevant. Max torque is low, I pulled out one of the helicoils. I bought a helicoil kit and put the same size back in fairly ok, I then purchased longer grub screws as the ones supplied are too short for all the leads required, then I superglued them all in and can torque them very tight without risk of damage. You could drill and tap the terminals with an m8 easily, it's soft aluminium, but you won't gain much advantage imho.

The bolts purely hold the cable to the top of the battery terminal, the size of the bolt is fairly irrelevant. Max torque is low, I pulled out one of the helicoils. I bought a helicoil kit and put the same size back in fairly ok, I then purchased longer grub screws as the ones supplied are too short for all the leads required, then I superglued them all in and can torque them very tight without risk of damage. You could drill and tap the terminals with an m8 easily, it's soft aluminium, but you won't gain much advantage imho.

Thanks for the great information, however I'm a little confused. It sounds like all the terminals have a threaded metal insert that you replaced with heilcoils. Do you know the size of the heilcoils? I'm not sure what a "grub screw" is. I see the 4 cells come with what appears to be 8 flat head screws. They do look too short to use with a washer, buss bar, and a BMS wire ring terminal. What did you superglue, the new helicoils or the screws?

I'm planning to use these cells in my travel trailer, so they will get bounced around a lot. I'm a little concerned that it may be difficult to make connections that won't loosen with vibration. Perhaps some Blue Locktite® Threadlocker is in order on the screws. I don't mind doing a little work replacing the metal inserts and new screws if that will really make solid connections (both electrically and mechanically).

I love the connections on the Fortune 100ah cells that Will showed recently, but they cost about twice as much for the same capacity as these 190ah cells and the Fortune cells are much larger.

What does everyone think of using an oxide inhibitor (like electricians use with aluminum wire connections) on top of each aluminum cell terminal?

Back