diy solar

diy solar

12v 2000w Pure Sine Wave Inverter Options - Van Solar Package

Hi,
Yes. The first one is an example. I cannot be certain the second has replaceable components and suspect it doesn't given the small packaging.
Note, the 2800W version MS2812 might also suit you. They share the same case as MS2012 and I'm certain other components.
My only concern about that seller is his / her ratings. 94% on ebay isn't high. There are some noted cases where they didn't pack the item properly. But ebay offers purchase protection. Just read carefully before you bid. Still, a PITA if you have to return.
I bought mine (MS2812) for $800 from ebay and can't remember if that included shipping.
Here's an example of a good seller or at least a more promising one. You might email them if they'd convert to a best offer. No bids on theirs @ $999.
You will also need a magnum remote to configure for LFP. But they aren't expensive. Another $100 to $200. Used, probably less.

Hope that helps.

Doug

Really appreciate it again. A bit above my price range, but I do like the BIFL philosophy.

AIMS 2000w
Giandel 2000w
Renogy 2000w
Samlex 2000w
Samlex 2000w
Afaik, all of those inverters except for the weak Renogy are made by samlex...

Hold up a sec, are you sure?

I was under the impression AIMS was made by Sigineer, and I never heard of any connection between Samlex and Giandel (though I've never looked into it either).

You never know with the amount of badge engineering and contract manufacturing that goes on but I'd be surprised if samlex made that model AIMS and Giandel. If decent quality hi-res pictures of the internals can be tracked down the real manufacturer can be identified. I could believe that the AIMS, Giandel and the Samlex are made by the same so far unnamed manufacturer.

The Giandel I have was manufactured by lingqi but I don't know who designed it, maybe lingqi too.

Last edited:
You never know with the amount of badge engineering and contract manufacturing that goes on but I'd be surprised if samlex made that model AIMS and Giandel. If decent quality hi-res pictures of the internals can be tracked down the real manufacturer can be identified. I could believe that the AIMS, Giandel and the Samlex are made by the same so far unnamed manufacturer.

if you recall back to the thread a while back where we compared Aims, Sigineer, and Sunpower internal (and external) pictures, they looked pretty identical. I don't recall the exact thread or I would link to it.

edit: ahh i didnt click through to look at what model Samlex and Aims inverter we were discussing, now I can see why one might wonder if it could be the same manufacturer. I suppose its possible Samlex manufactures them, also possible they are all made by some other unknown OEM / ODM. I believe I recall hearing the Samlex PST was not made in the same factory or to the same standard as the EVO (this is hearsay though, I may be misremembering or just repeating rumor).

Last edited:
if you recall back to the thread a while back where we compared Aims, Sigineer, and Sunpower internal (and external) pictures, they looked pretty identical. I don't recall the exact thread or I would link to it.

edit: ahh i didnt click through to look at what model Samlex and Aims inverter we were discussing, now I can see why one might wonder if it could be the same manufacturer. I suppose its possible Samlex manufactures them, also possible they are all made by some other unknown OEM / ODM. I believe I recall hearing the Samlex PST was not made in the same factory or to the same standard as the EVO (this is hearsay though, I may be misremembering or just repeating rumor).
Looks might mean nothing. When the Chinese knock off a product they often make a visual duplicate.

I once sent a thermal label printer to a contract manufacture to give us a cost estimate on what it cost our competitor to make. They misunderstood what I wanted and made a visually perfect non-working model of it, right down to making a thermal printhead out of sheet metal and glass.

Visually indistinguishable from the real product.

Looks might mean nothing. When the Chinese knock off a product they often make a visual duplicate.

I once sent a thermal label printer to a contract manufacture to give us a cost estimate on what it cost our competitor to make. They misunderstood what I wanted and made a visually perfect non-working model of it, right down to making a thermal printhead out of sheet metal and glass.

Visually indistinguishable from the real product.
Agreed

and another possibility is that since many or all of these companies are not making every component in house, they may just be sourcing the chassis/heatsink or some of the components from the same component manufacturer.

Without further info (so far we have zero) I would not assume any connection between Aims, Giandel, and Samlex. Without some evidence I would not assume any connection between Samlex, Aims, Giandel.

The connection between Sigineer, Aims, and Sungoldpower is much more strongly supported by evidence and more widely speculated/known (highly likely but not 100% conclusive maybe).

Maybe @Supervstech will share the info he is basing his theory on regarding Samlex, Aims, Giandel.

Agreed

and another possibility is that since many or all of these companies are not making every component in house, they may just be sourcing the chassis/heatsink or some of the components from the same component manufacturer.

Without further info (so far we have zero) I would not assume any connection between Aims, Giandel, and Samlex. Without some evidence I would not assume any connection between Samlex, Aims, Giandel.

The connection between Sigineer, Aims, and Sungoldpower is much more strongly supported by evidence and more widely speculated/known (highly likely but not 100% conclusive maybe).

Maybe @Supervstech will share the info he is basing his theory on regarding Samlex, Aims, Giandel.
Oh, I have no corroborated info on manufacturers, just the images of the layouts.
Certainly could be a case of copies made of items made by others.

There's likely many foundries or what ever you like to call them all producing the same extrusions in China. Take a look at any random selection of HF inverters from China and you'll see the same extrusion design appear again and again even though the actual inverter manufacturer is different.

Reactions: Dzl
Back