diy solar

diy solar

12v 400amp LiFePo4 battery ……

Katie33kate

I thought I posted this already…but do not see it

so here goes again…

I bought a BestGo lithium battery. It has a built in BMS with blue tooth. It is great to be able to see what is happening.

so…charged it for the first time ….at 14.0v I got a fault alarm. Battery 4 was showing over-charge

so..I tried this…

I set my MPPT to absorb at 13.99v. The result was that absorb kept charging till it was up 14.1 and the alarm happened.

next I set the MPPT to absorb at 13.99v, but set absorb time to 0. The result was no fault alarm occurred. It dropped to 13.5 till sunset.

this is plenty of capacity for me….with lots to spare.

can I just run like this? It would be 5 weeks before a new battery can reach me any way…maybe I will drive to Salt Lake and get a new one next month ..
meanwhile?

can I just run like this?
Odd to set the controller at 13.99 and see 14.10 on the battery. Controller seems defective or out of calibration.
I would set to 13.8 and absorb for 5 to 20 minutes. And make sure equalize and temperature compensation is disabled. If the controller continues well past the set point it should be replaced.

Yes can be run like this indefinitely. Daily charging to 14.4-14.6 is overrated.

Back