diy solar

diy solar

12V 560Ah LF280 Campervan under Front Seat Battery Pack

So, finishing the installation, this is how it looks cables connected and seat installed (seat base side panels still missing). I‘m currently on a test tour in the middle of cold rainy Germany, using the battery capacity mainly for the Truma Diesel heater and the Thetford compressor fridge.
BCB8D662-EDF1-472E-B78C-44B632593D4A.jpegC29A17B0-48CF-4D4E-A757-9CBD6FC3BC53.jpegED00A025-B979-4F15-BA53-E24F7D5EDFC2.jpeg

nice work. i was wondering about a cover for that.. was that factory, or did you print that also?

nice work. i was wondering about a cover for that.. was that factory, or did you print that also?
Thank you jv, the cover is factory standard on this van. The seat base frame too, the swivel console and the seat are made/installed by the rv coach builder in Hungary, a former supplier of Porsche.

I‘m wondering if the same seat base is also installed in Saltillo made RAM Promaster‘s, the brother of my van - if somebody has such a van would be interesting.

Mat

I‘m adding the electric schematic for the LFP, Charger, Inverter @ Distributer

Attachments

• Clever-Flex-636-Schematic-V4.0.pdf
    141.5 KB · Views: 80
Very inspiring work. Nice work adding the Class-T fuse, that should be able to easily interrupt the strong battery pack!

Thank you for sharing the progress of your project. What an amazing amount of utility fit into the underside of a seat. You should be proud!

Best wishes with further progress and testing/operation. ☀️⚡

Amazing battery case!

Are you looking for any beta testers before you release the final versions to thingiverse? I'm putting together a smaller battery as we speak (12v 280ah) and would really like to use your design!

I have my prusa mk2.5 ready to go if so!

Very nice work! You are a master of your craft. What program did you use to create the schematic?

Amazing battery case!

Are you looking for any beta testers before you release the final versions to thingiverse? I'm putting together a smaller battery as we speak (12v 280ah) and would really like to use your design!

I have my prusa mk2.5 ready to go if so!
Thank you. Feel free to do so. For the "four in line" version it would need some rework - you can use the current models for a 2x2 setup.

Attachments

• LFP 2.0.zip
    92.6 KB · Views: 48
Thank you. Feel free to do so. For the "four in line" version it would need some rework - you can use the current models for a 2x2 setup.
Thanks! First one is on the printer now, i'll report back in a week or so when i've finished printing them all :D

Fixings wise, all the threaded rod is M6? What size material have you used for your busbars? I'm currently looking at 3 x 25mm copper bar.

Thanks! First one is on the printer now, i'll report back in a week or so when i've finished printing them all :D

Fixings wise, all the threaded rod is M6? What size material have you used for your busbars? I'm currently looking at 3 x 25mm copper bar.
The lateral rods are M5. M6 did not fit due the inner width of the seat base frame - I had to fight for every millimeter.

For the busbar I used 16x4 Cu, but 25x3 should work as well. During a 200A test I checked all connections, even the ones where I drilled 8mm holes to connect the fuses were luke warm only.

Have fun building this,
Mat

This is absolutely awesomeness!! I hope to have a van in the near future and had thought about some batteries under the seat. Something I have to look forward too!! Great Job!

Whoo, that was a lot of printing, 22h for each case segment!

Going to try and sort the busbars for the internal connections this week, and have been collecting a pile of littelfuses together for the fusebox section :)

PXL_20201025_170411063.MP.jpg

Just wanted to say that this thread with its 3D printing etc is very cool. :)

Back