diy solar

diy solar

12v DC options for shower exhaust fan, timer and light?

fisherman

I have a small building that is used for a shower and pump house. It also houses my DC water pump and small 80w 12vsolar setup.

Looking to install a shower exhaust fan and light for the room. Timer would be nice for the fan.

What good options are there for DC powered fans that can handle shower humidity and also lights?

Otherwise I might get a small inverter and install AC but really I'd like to keep it all DC in this building.

Thanks

Not the same application but similar conditions, I've been installing the Noctua NF-F12 fans in the greenhouse for extraction. Low power draw, 12v DC, and IP67 rated.

If that's not exactly what you're looking for, anything designed for marine/boats will pretty much by default be designed to handle wet/humid environments.

Take a look at Manrose BSL 112, light with 12 V extractor fan.
Thanks. I can't seem to find any other than UK sites though?

Not the same application but similar conditions, I've been installing the Noctua NF-F12 fans in the greenhouse for extraction. Low power draw, 12v DC, and IP67 rated.

If that's not exactly what you're looking for, anything designed for marine/boats will pretty much by default be designed to handle wet/humid environments.
Ironically I was looking at the Noctua site this morning! Big fan of their products and was curious if anyone was running them. Those would work for me and I could just mount them to a vent on the wall rather than ducting etc...

Just throwing an idea just in case: a bilge fan (12 VDC, reliable, should handle moisture since they're marine grade, etc...).

Just throwing an idea just in case: a bilge fan (12 VDC, reliable, should handle moisture since they're marine grade, etc...).
I had the same thought too and then remembered the one I bought for my cabin was a 60w fan at 12v... and it was a fairly "small" one. With his little 80w panel I wouldn't expect much run time on that little guy.

OTOH, they DO move some serious air! :)

How about an RV bathroom vent and fan and ordinary household timer (spring type)?

If not, just use a large diameter computer cooling fan. Those are efficient and quiet.

anything designed for marine/boats will pretty much by default be designed to …cost at least $150 more than that!

It looks perfect for OP. The manrose thing has a halogen light which would be annoying. But tipping pucks would be nice

Back