diy solar

diy solar

12V lighting

Looks good!
If that's a standard base, which it appears to be, you could use them in a regular household socket. So in an RV or small cabin you could outfit it with standard lamps or inexpensive ceiling sockets.
Just don't forget and accidentally connect to 110VAC sometime! Or you'll blow them all!

I’ve got one of those running 12hrs each night out in my cargo conversion to make use of my battery and see how long it will last. Draws .55a and 7 watts. Been in use continually for 8-10 months without failure. Barely dings the battery and pv has things back to capacity quickly.
Daylight 6k is kind of harsh though. Soft white might make things kinder on the peepers. ??
BTW I did have a couple left over harbor freight bulbs from their solar panel kit in use that died within a couple months.
Those HF components are basically junk.

These do fit a standard base. Agreed about being careful with standard AC.

Looks good!
If that's a standard base, which it appears to be, you could use them in a regular household socket. So in an RV or small cabin you could outfit it with standard lamps or inexpensive ceiling sockets.
Just don't forget and accidentally connect to 110VAC sometime! Or you'll blow them all!
I've used that kind of bulb (not that brand, but 12v e27 base bulbs) before when I wired up household ceiling fixtures in an RV for better light. But yeah, you probably want to make sure the box is well marked if you are in a setup that also has 120v bulb sockets. :p

Back