diy solar

diy solar

12v wind turbine

Joseph sapia sr

So I have a 12-volt mini wind turbine 0 to 30 volts depending on the Wind 15 watt Max output. It says I can connect it directly to my battery no controller necessary. And I am running 100ah battleborn..? With my AGM I didn't worry but I'm not sure with this battery couldn't find any information

So I have a 12-volt mini wind turbine 0 to 30 volts depending on the Wind 15 watt Max output. It says I can connect it directly to my battery no controller necessary. And I am running 100ah battleborn..? With my AGM I didn't worry but I'm not sure with this battery couldn't find any information
You know that your BB charges at 14.4V so why do you say you cant find any info?
What do you think will happen if you feed your BB 30V?
There is lots of info on BBs web site like the high voltage disconnect on the BMS is 14 7V so any voltage over 14.7V will shut it off.
30V is also not good for an AGM battery as it is over charging it.

What kind of wind speeds do you get at your location?

Yes I mean I really couldn't find any info on YouTube about if I run this turbine through a charge controller it will limit the voltage to my battery and if I'm capable of using my solar charge controller for the wind turbine or if it is a whole separate system

You know that your BB charges at 14.4V so why do you say you cant find any info?
What do you think will happen if you feed your BB 30V?
There is lots of info on BBs web site like the high voltage disconnect on the BMS is 14 7V so any voltage over 14.7V will shut it off.
30V is also not good for an AGM battery as it is over charging it.

Yes I bought it from Cutting Edge power they told me I can plug it directly into the cigarette Port as it has the male 12-volt plug on it and it would charge my battery right through that 12-volt port

Yes I bought it from Cutting Edge power they told me I can plug it directly into the cigarette Port as it has the male 12-volt plug on it and it would charge my battery right through that 12-volt port
You can not connect the wires directly to your Battle Born.

Most wind turbine sellers will lie and tell you whatever to get you to buy.
How much did you pay and what website link did you buy from?

Where are you mounting that turbine? What kind of tower?

Got it from Cutting Edge power, I hardly get any wind I got it for when we go camping or to the beach just planned on bolting it to a makeshift piece of conduit sticking it in the ground or sand to really charge my 31 1/2 hour Duracell gel battery that we use to charge USB stuff, I was just inquiring about the battleborn because I didn't want to destroy the battery

You can not connect the wires directly to your Battle Born.

Most wind turbine sellers will lie and tell you whatever to get you to buy.
How much did you pay and what website link did you buy from?

Where are you mounting that turbine? What kind of tower?
It only cost 40 bucks so I'm not mad about it just didn't know if it was worst even investing in any deeper as far as controller and such

I mean I didn't think it was going to charge up my two hundred amp hour renergie gel battery or even my 105 AGM Deka or the BB but I thought it might be pretty cool for a little battery for Somethin LOL but if there is no way to regulate the voltage it would destroy even a little battery I'm guessing

I mean I didn't think it was going to charge up my two hundred amp hour renergie gel battery or even my 105 AGM Deka or the BB but I thought it might be pretty cool for a little battery for Somethin LOL but if there is no way to regulate the voltage it would destroy even a little battery I'm guessing
That thing is a toy wind mill.
Hope you get $40 of entertainment from it.
I guess 15 watts should have been a clue to that.
If you are camping use a solar panel to charge your batteries.

Yes I have my Goal Zero solar setup but I just thought this would be cool, guess I'll just stick it in the sand at the beach for entertainment LOL

Yeah there's even something on YouTube Cutting Edge power 12-volt mini wind turbine, SMH
Looks like a scammy scam bs Cutting Edge Power company selling junk solar and wind to the uneducated masses.
Lol 12V 5000watt inverters with 10,000 watt max surge. And fake MPPT controllers.

• Regular price$1,149.97 and does not include the battery. 24V solar input so PWM
  • These scam artists are making money. A Bluetti EB150 with 1500watt Lithium battery is $1200

Last edited:
I actually bought one of those controllers and then realized it was not an mppt controller Just Junk pwm China contacted them and they said no it is not it is a true mppt, yeah it was garbage

Looks similar to one I bought years ago to play with, 2 blade rc plane prop. The only way I could get it to work was in front of my shop fan. it was fun to play around with though. Last time I looked at it the kittens had ate the wires off flush to the motor

Looks like a scammy bs company selling junk solar and wind to the uneducated masses.
Lol 12V 5000watt inverters with 10,000 watt max surge. And fake MPPT controllers.

• Regular price$1,149.97 and does not include the battery. 24V solar input so PWM
  • These scam artists are making money. A Bluetti EB150 with 1500watt Lithium battery is $1200

And they're getting away with it

Looks similar to one I bought years ago to play with, 2 blade rc plane prop. The only way I could get it to work was in front of my shop fan. it was fun to play around with though. Last time I looked at it the kittens had ate the wires off flush to the motor
These Scam Scammers are selling this junk for $120 What a rip off.
I doubt if it is made in USA

AMAZON 1 STAR REVIEWS
Cutting Edge Power
2020 Mini Wind Turbine Generator Windmill, Small & Portable, for Beach, Camping, Tailgating, Easy to Setup

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst purchase ever
Reviewed in the United States on June 19, 2020
Size: Tripod MountVerified Purchase
Cheap, terrible, does NOT work as advertised AT ALL. Total crap. Everything that could be bad was bad.
9 people found this helpful
Helpful

David T.
1.0 out of 5 stars Junk
Reviewed in the United States on July 18, 2020
Size: Pipe/tube MountVerified Purchase
This thing is junk dont put out anything close to 12v . I got 7 at best with a leaf blower be lucky to charger a AA battery with it
5 people found this helpful
Helpful

Jerry

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont waste your $
Reviewed in the United States on August 5, 2020
Size: Pipe/tube MountVerified Purchase
Does not produce enough to charge battery even on strong winds

Last edited:
I bought mine a couple years ago and it was 40 bucks wow can't believe they're going for that much now either way I feel a lot worse if I bought it recently

Back