diy solar

diy solar

12v wind turbine

I actually bought one of those controllers and then realized it was not an mppt controller Just Junk pwm China contacted them and they said no it is not it is a true mppt, yeah it was garbage
$190 for a fake MPPT and 100A LOL
If its MPPT why is 23V max for a 12V battery?
Damn scamming scammers scam rip off ripoff review
Thats a $10 SCC in a fancy box from Cutting Edge Power
  • Rated voltage: 12/24V DC
  • Maximum current: 100A
  • Maximum PV voltage:
    • For charging a 12V battery: 23V Max
    • For charging a 24V battery: 46V Max

Yes I have that I am that sucker when I first started buying solar stuff but I didn't pay that much for it but more than it's worth it feels like a McDonald's toy compared to my Rover Elite

I bought mine a couple years ago and it was 40 bucks wow can't believe they're going for that much now either way I feel a lot worse if I bought it recently
This is the $68 one you got scammed on.
Cutting Edge Power
Mini 12 Volt Wind Turbine Generator, Portable, w/Accessories,Small, Made in USA (Pipe/Tube Mount, High Performance

The blades, the casing, it's all straight off a 3D printer. It wouldn't surprise me if the 'generator' is just a DC motor too.

It probably doesn't supply enough current to warrant a regulator and will sit at batt volts. Might be good to have running o/night.

The blades, the casing, it's all straight off a 3D printer. It wouldn't surprise me if the 'generator' is just a DC motor too.
This is the custom designed generator used in our Cutting Edge Power Mini Wind Turbine.
SPECIFICATIONS:

• Output: 12 Volts DC @ 1000 RPM
  • Voltage output: 0-50VDC
  • Maximum Generator Output: 15 watts
FEATURES
  • Optimized for wind turbine speeds (it requires significantly lower RPMs to generate power than most motors/generators)
  • 1/8" (3mm shaft diameter

Given that the rest of the thing has literally come out of a 3D printer I'm betting that isn't a custom device, apart from maybe the custom label.

Given that the rest of the thing has literally come out of a 3D printer I'm betting that isn't a custom device, apart from maybe the custom label.
The company outright lies that their PWM controller is MPPT so nothing they say can be trusted.

You will notice that your Mini Wind Turbine DC Generator looks a lot like a DC motor.
That’s because it essentially is a modified DC brushed motor.
However, It’s far from any standard DC brushed motor. it’s a special one designed specifically by Cutting Edge Power with a few things in mind.  It’s designed to develop the critical voltages that wind turbines need at low RPMs.

This is achieved by altering the number and size of the copper windings internal to the generator.  It’s designed to handle the high vibrations that mini wind turbines are subjected to. This is achieved by using special weather resistant bearings on the front and rear shaft.

Back