diy solar

diy solar

12VDC, 30A Smart Battery Charger for $40.

HaldorEE

Solar Addict
You could use this for shore power charging or on the bench. Looks like a "smoking" deal. Hope its not smoking, that would be bad.

Attachments

• G25029.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Is this another case where you're going to buy the last units then mock us for our collective inaction? ;)

Thanks for sharing these deals.

My battery pack is 25.6V so I have no interest in this.

There were 8 of those low voltage disconnects. I waited till they were down to 2 then snapped them up. If anybody needs one send me a message.

Although, now that you mention it, one of these would be fantastic for charging up automotive batteries.

Better not wait.

Although, now that you mention it, one of these would be fantastic for charging up automotive batteries.

Better not wait.
Ha. I just bought one! And I believe they support the IQ4 smart charge controller modules. So for another $20ish per module it's both an AGM and a LiFePO4 charger.

Let me know. They claim to work with "selected" lithium batteries, whatever that means.

What did shipping cost? These guys are local to me so I didn't check.

What did shipping cost? These guys are local to me so I didn't check.
$17.72 to RI, UPS ground. Still totally worth it to me.

Let me know. They claim to work with "selected" lithium batteries, whatever that means.
I’ll keep you posted. I’m looking at this for stationary, attended use in a portable set up. I’m a little confused by what I see in the lithium module doc but a quick test when I get everything will be all I need to characterize it and figure out if it’s only suitable for my LAs. If it works for one of the two chemistries I’m only out the $20 for the IQ module.

Would you recommend the LIFEPO4 IQ Module for this charger and 12VLIFEPO4? I'm in the market for a good RV charger/converter and this seems to fit the cost bill.
https://www.boatandrvaccessories.co...ery-charger-with-bms-for-dls-battery-chargers
No idea. I don't have one. Just saw it and thought wow I know some cheapskates who would love to know about it.

This place reminds me of my riding buddies. Half of them doing DIY luggage on their KLR650.

KLR650 10-X3.jpg

And the other half mounting a set of Touratech panniers on their adventure bikes.

images (3).jpeg

That set of Touratech costs more than the typical KL650.

I have a set of the Touratech on my Yamaha Super Tenere.

Last edited:
Did you get shipping notification from this seller?
Yes. I ordered on Monday evening, it shipped on Wednesday and is out for delivery today. I'm waiting on the IQ-LIFEPO module, no estimated delivery provided but it was shipped on Tuesday.

Would you recommend the LIFEPO4 IQ Module for this charger and 12VLIFEPO4? I'm in the market for a good RV charger/converter and this seems to fit the cost bill.
https://www.boatandrvaccessories.co...ery-charger-with-bms-for-dls-battery-chargers
I'm skeptical based on the IQ-LIFEPO documentation, but stay tuned.

Ha. I just bought one! And I believe they support the IQ4 smart charge controller modules. So for another $20ish per module it's both an AGM and a LiFePO4 charger.

I spotted the RJ-11 port on that unit in the video. Hard to see, but I think it's right next to the fan.

Thanks! I see that there is also the chance to add a "plug" that increases the V from 13.6 to 14.2 for faster charging. Do you know the wiring for that plug?

No, I don't. As I recall, mine came with the plug. So I wouldn't have been creating my own.

That's where the IQ Module plugs in.

Here's a list of the available IQ modules: Smart Charge Controllers
That is cooler than hell (Phoenix anyways, what makes it funnier that they are in a suburb of Phoenix).

Back