diy solar

diy solar

14 Pack BYD Battery System With 5 amp active balancer, Cell level parallel bus, central serial bus bar & NO BMS

Darkstar

Rain Wrangler
Just wanted to provide an overview of our recently completed battery system built with used BYD packs from Battery Clearance Warehouse.

We have used a unique collection of strategies to keep the cells balanced and healthy. We do this without a BMS.

Not yet. Will post once complete.

Video below of capacity test of my 14 pack offgrid BYD battery system. The test started with the battery charged to 54 Volts. That is the highest I like to go on these used packs as above this voltage the cell voltages start drifting out of balance rapidly.

My inverter is configured to shut down at 48 Volts and so that is where the test ended. I could have gone lower to 47 or even 46 volts and gotten a few more KWH out of her but in real world use the low voltage disconnect will be configured at a conservative 48 volts to avoid any damage or unnecessary wear to the packs.

Final capacity was just over 47 KWH.

Thank you.

It may have been removed from eBay. Here it is from the same seller on aliexpress:

FYI - they make I believe a 1, 2 and 10 amp versions in addition to the 5 amp. I own the 2a and have used it on a 560ah bank, 2p16s Lifepo4. My bank was in “balance” per my personal limits, under 30mv at 28mv. Decided to run it and after 8 hours it brought the balance, high and low cell delta down to 4mv, pretty amazing. Turned the balancer off once it reached that level and since then, 2 days, the pack has stayed between 4 and 6mv so I plan on only using this active balancer as needed.

Just wanted to provide an overview of our recently completed battery system built with used BYD packs from Battery Clearance Warehouse.
We have used a unique collection of strategies to keep the cells balanced and healthy. We do this without a BMS.
Excellent install sir!

Back