diy solar

diy solar

1500w 200ah 12v power box

DThames

Solar Wizard
This was built with Battery Hookup's 32x650 LiFePo4 100ah cell packs, 2P4S. Overkill Solar type 120amp BMS. 1500w pure sine wave inverter. Kil-o-watt meter showed 2.51kwh with discharge to 2.80v per cell cutoff.

Attachments

• BatteryInBox.JPG
    BatteryInBox.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 76
  • BatteryPallet.JPG
    BatteryPallet.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 74
  • inverterPlatform.JPG
    inverterPlatform.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 69
  • OutputEnd.JPG
    OutputEnd.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 73
  • ReadyToGo.JPG
    ReadyToGo.JPG
    191.4 KB · Views: 71
  • ShuntMeter.jpg
    ShuntMeter.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 76
I just love these power boxes and yours look nice too!! You can quite some stuff with this one. Congratulation on such achievement! Someday I will too O_O

Looks good and Agreed with Jordi above I love seeing these too. I have been working on mine for a long while and completely have overkilled it. I realized that as I started finishing up some wiring. I have had an hard time fitting everything in and getting it wired.

Looks good and Agreed with Jordi above I love seeing these too. I have been working on mine for a long while and completely have overkilled it. I realized that as I started finishing up some wiring. I have had an hard time fitting everything in and getting it wired.
Yes, packaging is often one of the bigger challenges. I started it over Labor Day weekend and delivered it to my son the following weekend, so I didn't have a lot of time to redo, redo, and make it better. It worked out fairly well. He wanted something for emergency power. Next visit I plan to mount a Tracer 40a charger inside the lid. Not ideal but it doesn't need to stay wired up (XT90 already pigtailed on the 12v bus) because he would only charge with solar on a prolonged power outage.

Looks great. With this setup can you charge and run the inverter at the same time, or do you always need to disconnect the charger when turning the inverter on?

Back