diy solar

diy solar

16 New EVE LF280N cells from Wan Amy

Fil-Am Gabe

I just ordered the new EVE LF280N cells and I am looking forward to checking them out. They cost me $122 each and I paid a extra $1.20 for each extra buss bar for my initial top balance. Wan Amy also sent me a full capacity test and voltages for each cell with internal resistant.

They are getting shipped to the Philippines and they require a minimum 1 square meter shipping and was just under $500 to Manila warehouse and I will pickup the order and take it to my location.

I am very excited ?. We have 3-10 power outages per week and this should make it so I won't have to run the generator for the lights or refrigerator for a while even for several days outage from a storm.

This is the model that I got.

Wan Amy was very helpful and easy to talk with. She understands English very well and I didn't get the vibe that she was pulling anything shaddy. I am very pleased so far. I will update after I get the batteries in June.

Attachments

• 1619536523256.png
    1619536523256.png
    242.1 KB · Views: 124
  • 1619536530479.png
    1619536530479.png
    234.6 KB · Views: 124
I ordered 8 280ah EVE cells with the welded terminals from her yesterday. She was responding very quickly to all my questions and was knowledgeable about what she was selling. I agree that there was no reason to believe anything was not on the up-and-up.
When is it supposed to arrive and shipping cost?

Too late now, but if you tell her you are a forum member, she will give you double busbars and an extra 2% off.

Too late now, but if you tell her you are a forum member, she will give you double busbars and an extra 2% off.
She knew where I found her but no discount or double busbars. I didn't know that she would be able to do that.

I'm about to make an order with Amy myself, 16 280ah,
How did you go about payment? did you bother with trade assurance? im tempted not to...

I'm about to make an order with Amy myself, 16 280ah,
How did you go about payment? did you bother with trade assurance? im tempted not to...
I paid with a virtual card number from Citi. Went straight through, everytime. A lot of people report having to send copies of their ID, that's why I recommend the virtual number.

I just wanted to remind everyone (once again), Amy does have a deal for forum members.

Please use this code: "DIYsolar" when placing an order.

Extra 2% off for all products,

free double busbars (including screws and washers),

free upgraded screws and nuts (for batteries with M6 Thread)

Last edited:
What's the latest cost? I paid around $800 for 8 x 280ah including shipping a year ago. That was thro a group buy. Have prices gone up?
Depends on what type of cell you buy. The matched grade A are quite a bit more expensive than the bulk cells. You get what you pay for.
Why not visit her store and see? That's the only way to get current prices.

What's the latest cost? I paid around $800 for 8 x 280ah including shipping a year ago. That was thro a group buy. Have prices gone up?
Prices have gone up a good bit from a year ago about 20 to 30%. Bulk cells from Amy are I think a little less than $100 per cell before shipping.

The current prices right now in Super September from Amy are
8pcs of 280K (6000 cycles) model = $1247 including shipping
16pcs of 280K (6000 cycles) model = $2408 including shipping
24pcs of 280K (6000 cycles) model = $3558 including shipping

It isn't the cheapest option on Alibaba, but is well worth it considering the detailed report of the cells you will receive, and the excellent customer support.

Cell Costs have been floating up & down relative to supply as usual, there has been some more volatility but not that bad compared to most other things actually.

SHIPPING is the Real FRIGGER in all of it, the costs change constantly (usually up) and the delays just get worse... MSN News just had an article about 50 or so ships sitting at sea waiting to get into port, I believe in California. Shipping / Couriers have really taken advantage of Covid to GOUGE. I have watched the costs of shipping go up over the past couple of years and boy I look at the invoices WOWZERS... Let's just say, if it was ANY other Industry that did that, every Government Everywhere would be forced to action - It is over 100% increase in 2 years.

The whole Covid Thing has been used by so many to Play Price Jumps and of course, the latest ShrinkFlation form of gouging has also breached the News finally as well. This trend also took off in the past 2 years and people are only NOW just realizing it.

Am I interpreting this correctly? I have to compress the cells to 300 kilogram-force centimeter = 29.41995 newton meter. This is like 260lbs,a much higher level than I thought. This is the new version EVE LF280KScreenshot_20210908-052700_Samsung Notes.jpg

I messaged Amy and she is going to contact the manufacturer
EVE was contacted and you can read all about it in this thread. Many other threads and ideas how to accomplish compression. EVE uses a hydraulic test jig for compression so perfect compression can be accomplished throughout the cells SOC. Some on this forum have resorted to using springs. I used threaded rods and plywood and have hand tightened the nuts at a full SOC to keep the cells from expanding too much. But my cells are not in a mobile environment.

Back