diy solar

diy solar

16s LF280K 48V New order from Amy Wan Luyuan

NICO_SOLAR

Hello guys, I'm new to the forum, I'm Nicola from Italy. My first goal is to build a reliable 16S battery pack with LF280K cells.
My second goal is to test document and report on the forum all the journey

I've spent countless hours reading this forum to be able to choose the right components to build the battery pack.
This is the list of the components I've selected and the price quotation I've received from Amy.
I've decided to use for my pack grade B cells as the price difference was significant (see below)

Grade A: $148/piece*, discount price $146/piece, fully matched, with test data of each cell from EVE
Grade B: $111/piece*, discount price $109/piece, internal resistance and voltage are matched, capacity and discharge rate are not matched. It is also brand new.
(Quotation date 2022-08-23 ) *busbars screws/nuts included.

Product list:
16pcs grade B battery----------------$109*16=$1744
1pcs JK BMS JK-B2A24S20P-------$133
1pcs CAN module-----------------$6
1pcs RS485 module--------------$6
1pcs TESTER YR 1035+--------$45
20pcs INSULATION SHEET----------$0.8*20=$16
2 mt 1 mt red/black 4AWG wire-------$9*2=$18
10pcs 4AWG copper lugs--------$0.5*10=$5
2pcs red black 150A power terminals-------$6*2=$12

Shipping by sea, to the door, DDP, about 60 days to arrive PRICE $378

TOTAL PRICE $2363

I also bought on Aliexpress the EBC-A40L High Current Power Battery Capacity Tester Charge and Discharge 40A to perform various quality tests ($250)

QUESTIONS:
Should i buy 1 or 2 spare cells in case of any underperforming cell?
Is any component missing from my order?
What do you think about the price? Cheap/ too expensive?
Any suggestions?

A special thanks to @Steve_S @FilterGuy @upnorthandpersonal @Will Prowse Off-Grid Garage and othes for the great work and super helpful resources you provided us.

I believe you have all the required goodies to complete the assembly BUT I don't see any Crimper, nor any Heat Shrink tubing which in my opinion is pretty important.

I got my Hydraulic Crimper from Amy Way @ Luyuan as well (Delixi Brand YQK-70 that does up to 2/0 & 6 Ton) which is 'okay' (there are better) The smallest 4mm die does 12AWG. I do not recall the cost but was cheaper than general vendors and when packaged with the rest of the gear it saved in S&H extra.

PRO TIP:
If buying batts, BMS and lugs, terminals and bits like even a crimper (hydraulic or mechanical), if one vendor can supply & package it for you, the savings on all the S&H Extras really adds up fast... every box costs X Base plus weight etc...

Note on Luyuan, just because it may not be listed on the "product page" they still likely have the item or can get it, you just have to be specific.

For the Heat Shrink Tube, I recommend the stuff with adhesive in it, makes a better seal & if using on Silicone Wire you need it pretty much.

Thank you Steve for your reply. I added the adhesive heat shrink tube to the order. I've got the hydraulic press in my workshop, I only need to get a die.
I guess now I have to wait two months to continue the project!

Hello guys, I'm new to the forum, I'm Nicola from Italy. My first goal is to build a reliable 16S battery pack with LF280K cells.
My second goal is to test document and report on the forum all the journey

I've spent countless hours reading this forum to be able to choose the right components to build the battery pack.
This is the list of the components I've selected and the price quotation I've received from Amy.
I've decided to use for my pack grade B cells as the price difference was significant (see below)

Grade A: $148/piece*, discount price $146/piece, fully matched, with test data of each cell from EVE
Grade B: $111/piece*, discount price $109/piece, internal resistance and voltage are matched, capacity and discharge rate are not matched. It is also brand new.
(Quotation date 2022-08-23 ) *busbars screws/nuts included.

Product list:
16pcs grade B battery----------------$109*16=$1744
1pcs JK BMS JK-B2A24S20P-------$133
1pcs CAN module-----------------$6
1pcs RS485 module--------------$6
1pcs TESTER YR 1035+--------$45
20pcs INSULATION SHEET----------$0.8*20=$16
2 mt 1 mt red/black 4AWG wire-------$9*2=$18
10pcs 4AWG copper lugs--------$0.5*10=$5
2pcs red black 150A power terminals-------$6*2=$12

Shipping by sea, to the door, DDP, about 60 days to arrive PRICE $378

TOTAL PRICE $2363

I also bought on Aliexpress the EBC-A40L High Current Power Battery Capacity Tester Charge and Discharge 40A to perform various quality tests ($250)

QUESTIONS:
Should i buy 1 or 2 spare cells in case of any underperforming cell?
Is any component missing from my order?
What do you think about the price? Cheap/ too expensive?
Any suggestions?

A special thanks to @Steve_S @FilterGuy @upnorthandpersonal @Will Prowse Off-Grid Garage and othes for the great work and super helpful resources you provided us.
Should be a great system JK BMS+ Luyuan is a quality combo on this forum. How did you end up paying? My understanding is paypal transaction adds an extra 2.99% by the vendor. I am negotiating a sale with Amy@Luyuan and she tells me TT is cheaper. I am prepared to forego any extra security Paypal may have to offer as Luyuan's reputation is so good. I have a Wise account and am tempted to use TT, https://wise.com/au/blog/how-to-make-a-telegraphic-transfer

I've paid Luyuan with TT without issues. It is a matter of "Personal Comfort and when dealing with a Vendor "blind" PP / Visa is better. Luyuan has sold a LOT to people here and is a Known Good Vendor.

Went ahead with the deal Amy@Luyuan 4x 105A Eve A Grade, JK BMS 1A 4S + on/off switch comes with a plastic frame for cells/insulation/silicone wire/lugs and a sealable battery box shipped to door (Australia) $433 US + %2.99 for paypal. This DIY build I will do with my son so has a weekend camping battery. Delivery is expected to be up to 50 days. Certainly is a good degree of satisfaction dealing with Amy@Luyuan. Next time will try TT.

I've createed a new post in the proper section.

Back