diy solar

diy solar

$127 USD - 280ah LiFePo4 Battery Pack Enclosure

bain19

I had originally made this kit for my RV, but it worked so well that I wanted to share it with others. The design has gone through two revisions to get to this point. This kit was created because all the other kits I could find were poorly made, too large or didn't meet cell/battery manufacture specifications.

?Enclosure Outer Dimensions (L x H x W) ?
13 ¼" x 9 ⅝" x 7 ⅛"

This kit is excellent because:
✅ It's made in Canada ?⛄.
✅ It's made to secure and protect 280aH 3.4volt cells/batteries into a 4s configuration; for larger configurations, multiple enclosures must be purchased.
✅ The enclosure can be grouped and secured together using threaded rods to become easily expandable and modular.
✅ The enclosure can be stacked vertically to allow for mounting in small spaces. Limit stacking to two enclosures high.
✅ The enclosure incorporates side handles for easier movement.
✅ It was designed to secure Grade A cells/batteries and provide a source of slight compression.
⚠ That also means that the installer or owner should be careful to not over-tighten the fasteners. If cells/batteries are bulging caution must be taken as poorer quality Grade B cells/batteries will have difficulty fitting.
✅ It's made with high-quality 3D printed plastic and designed for strength.
✅ It can be installed in trailers, campers, RV's(away from heat sources), in most dry locations and other power center solutions.
⚠ Do not install environments that get hotter than 40°C or 104°F or in wet environments.
✅ It comes with pre and post-sale technical support.
⚠ This kit does not come with or include LiFePo4 cells/batteries. Purchaser provides their own.
? Purchaser assumes all liability in the event of damage or injury to self, others or property.

Link to the kit can be found here

Attachments

• 20210617_175038.jpg(1).png
    20210617_175038.jpg(1).png
    3.1 MB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Ok looks intriguing, just sorry there is no provision for mounting a BMS. Are any of the threaded 1/4" rods and end nuts/washers supplied with the kit?

Very slick, nice build! Does the case have a place for a BMS?

I don't understand this photo (the bottom configuration) with the green bar since you have a tall plastic piece on the edge:

1648919329538.png

1648919312158.png

Sorry, I havent been following this thread as close as I should've been.

I've updated the Title of this post to reflect the current price.

I'm also going to reply to everyone questions as best I can.

@RB Cooper the threaded rods and such are provided. The threaded rods are cut to about 13.5" long.
@SolarTruckCamper My documentation has gotten better. I now have an assembly video,
As well as a part blowout diagram that I pack with the enclosure.
@A.Justice It doesnt have a specific place to mount a BMS. However I've seen folks use the cover plate on the top and reuse the factory holes on the top to make theyre own custom plates/mounting position; they just purchase longer screws.

Unfortunately the BMS's are to varied in size to make a one size fits all.
@nebulight . A custom bus bar has to be made/bent-over the sholder of that pack. This way the bar goes over that hump and can reach the other terminal. Another alternative, you could just do this; using the holes out the back.
1649387870643.png

Yikes. I was considering these but at those prices and needing 4 it’s just too much. Cool idea but those prices are kind of hard to swallow. I understand it’s small batch runs on a 3d printer so it’s not worth your time to sell them cheaper. Maybe get in touch with a plastics company to see if these could be molded instead.

Do you know if these also fit the 230AH eve cells?

I think only one dimension is different;
Height being 54mm VS 280ah at 72mm:

EVE LF280 Lifepo4 3.2V 280Ah Power Lithium ion Battery for RV solar system storage
ItemParameterSize
WWidth173.6±0.3mm
TThickness72.0±1.0mm
HHigh(total)204.8±0.5mm
H1High(subject)200.0±0.5mm

Do you know if these also fit the 230AH eve cells?

I think only one dimension is different;
Height being 54mm VS 280ah at 72mm:

EVE LF280 Lifepo4 3.2V 280Ah Power Lithium ion Battery for RV solar system storage
ItemParameterSize
WWidth173.6±0.3mm
TThickness72.0±1.0mm
HHigh(total)204.8±0.5mm
H1High(subject)200.0±0.5mm
unfortunately theyre too different

ive done mockups for 230ah cells using cell manufacture spec sheets, but the design hasn't been tested.

1649557699437.png
I really need to get my hands on some 230ah cells.

Last edited:
Back