diy solar

diy solar

18650 Battery Store HELP!

... and just when I was about to post a very positive review of 18650Battery Store and the Eve 304ah B grade.

For those of you kicking the B grade to the curb, you do realize most of the A grade Eve cells you have been purchasing are now designated by EVE as B grade.

What? Elaborate this with facts to back up your claim, or maybe I'm not understanding. Are you saying the cells EVE is selling with test reports are grade B?

I would only agree potentially with the 280K, but most certainly not with the 304 and original 280N.

A and B grading is just marketing.
I feel like a broken record, every time I have to say this. These cell are manufactured for the EV market in China. If they don't meet the highest standards. We get them through resellers for other uses. (Like solar storage) because of this marketing bs, EVE is now placing the "B" designation on all cells that are sold to the aftermarket.
Trust me, you wouldn't be buying these cells at all. If you had to pay for EV level cells.

I Have, I paid EV grade 280K for 196/cell from luyuan, they performed well, but I don't know if it was worth the price, I think if I had gotten the 304 I would have as those pass all the tests, capacity, load e.t.c the 280K are short on capacity even with the test report.

But my xuba grade B cells, they were no good, at least 2 of them, always would peak first during charging and would trigger LVC during even moderate loads, never liked them.

The Basen grade B cells I got were probably OK, but Basen lied to me, said they were grade A perfect, they weren't they were grade B rejects.

Truth be told no one 2 years ago were selling real grade A/EV grade we were all just basing this on old folks tales, it wasn't until last year this whole grade A thing started taking off, esp since EVE started marking there cells with a B.

It’s only February and already this thread has the making of becoming ”thread of the year” :LOL: I do hope the OP comes back to update us all and help fulfil the thread’s potential(y)

I Have, I paid EV grade 280K for 196/cell from luyuan, they performed well, but I don't know if it was worth the price, I think if I had gotten the 304 I would have as those pass all the tests, capacity, load e.t.c the 280K are short on capacity even with the test report.

But my xuba grade B cells, they were no good, at least 2 of them, always would peak first during charging and would trigger LVC during even moderate loads, never liked them.

The Basen grade B cells I got were probably OK, but Basen lied to me, said they were grade A perfect, they weren't they were grade B rejects.

Truth be told no one 2 years ago were selling real grade A/EV grade we were all just basing this on old folks tales, it wasn't until last year this whole grade A thing started taking off, esp since EVE started marking there cells with a B.
How much did you pay for the "EV grade cells" ?

A and B grading is just marketing.
I feel like a broken record, every time I have to say this. These cell are manufactured for the EV market in China. If they don't meet the highest standards. We get them through resellers for other uses. (Like solar storage) because of this marketing bs, EVE is now placing the "B" designation on all cells that are sold to the aftermarket.
Trust me, you wouldn't be buying these cells at all. If you had to pay for EV level cells.
Which vehicles use this type of lithium cell?

$196/cell shipped to TX including all taxes and Alibaba fees.
Not EV rated cells. They're the same thing everyone else is buying. This doesn't mean that they're bad. EV cells must meet a very high standard. Storage batteries live a much less stressful life. Which is why these "EV rejects" are perfect for our needs.

Sorry but no these came with full test report from EVE I verified with lampard LI, these are good as the LF280K is going to be.

That being said the LF280K is not an EV cell it has only been tested for use in ESS.

the LF304 on other hand is EV rated, and has tests designed for use in electric vehicles.

You can read it on page 4 of the spec sheet.

Basically anything that comes with EVE's official test report like shown here:

that green yellow this is EV rated. Anything that fails EVE puts a B on it.

Most people call cells with test report Grade A, without grade B... but these have been twisted around so much it causes more confusion than anything. At the end of the day, if you have the test report its as good as its going to get...

Sorry but no these came with full test report from EVE I verified with lampard LI, these are good as the LF280K is going to be.

That being said the LF280K is not an EV cell it has only been tested for use in ESS.

the LF304 on other hand is EV rated, and has tests designed for use in electric vehicles.

You can read it on page 4 of the spec sheet.

Basically anything that comes with EVE's official test report like shown here:

that green yellow this is EV rated. Anything that fails EVE puts a B on it.

Most people call cells with test report Grade A, without grade B... but these have been twisted around so much it causes more confusion than anything. At the end of the day, if you have the test report its as good as its going to get...
Believe what marketing you want. But for that price, you aren't getting what you think that you are. But again, this doesn't mean that they are bad. They're perfect for our needs. And priced right for our budgets.

Hey Op did you finally buy a tester yet? I saw you snooping around the ZKE thread, hrm... I"m guessing you'll get it in what 2-3 weeks?

Hey Op did you finally buy a tester yet? I saw you snooping around the ZKE thread, hrm... I"m guessing you'll get it in what 2-3 weeks?
So what tester did OP use to test and re-test all 40 batteries as indicated in the first post?

Back