diy solar

diy solar

190ah Lifepo4 $590

Just found this .................

That’s it. Appreciate you getting the link to work

Well going on the shapes and sizes they're not all the same form factor, even the 200ah battery is a different shape to the 195ah. So, a company could be copying their design, but I would say that's less likely than them being genuine. I would guess them being b grade though, even the higher priced ones, perhaps something is a tiny bit out of spec which in an electric car could be more of an issue.

Great finds. Thanks for the links! $600 for 200ah is a steal. Remember when dealing with the Chinese that they are often open to negotiation. Also, if you don't mind waiting for ocean freight, you can save a ton on shipping. I ordered 18 Yinlong LTO cells from MuShang Lu and requested ocean freight for which they charged me about $35 (including customs and the domestic FedEx delivery once it hit our port) vs. the close to $200 for air. Took exactly 32 days to my door but I didn't mind waiting. I love doing deals with the Shenzhen Valley.

Well going on the shapes and sizes they're not all the same form factor, even the 200ah battery is a different shape to the 195ah. So, a company could be copying their design, but I would say that's less likely than them being genuine. I would guess them being b grade though, even the higher priced ones, perhaps something is a tiny bit out of spec which in an electric car could be more of an issue.

What exactly constitutes a "B" grade cell?

What exactly constitutes a "B" grade cell?

I'm just hypothesising but having cells sold as between 190-200 is going to be B grade as it's not a specific ah measurement. There could be any number of reasons though, perhaps resistance is slightly out, maybe BMW require all 200ah cells to be minimum 200ah therefore even a 199.9ah cell is considered b grade. They're not going to mess around with cells slightly out of spec, as it will cost a fortune further down the line where the car isn't performing to the spec it was sold as, better to throw them out and sell them to us to use for other less strenuous applications where slightly out of spec makes little to no difference.

Also from that wiki article these battery companies are increasing production hugely. It says in the space of 4 years they plan to increase production 5 fold, that's going to bring the price of cells down, which seems to be what we're now seeing.

EV car production is going to be what's pushing this forward now.

Last edited:
Back