diy solar

diy solar

190ah Lifepo4 $590

Yes, Or a 5/16 x 24 I'd go to which ever is closer. a #12 is actually closer but not as common. Also you need to see how your hole tear out looks. decide from their.
Thanks... I'll be tapping it out a bit larger: M8. I am wondering should I do fine: M8x1 or Course M8x1.25?

I cant recall the depth of the hole. (.25"-.375"?) But you need a minimum number of threads to reach the maximum strength I would go with fine as you will have more threads. Once you reach the minimum number of threads? strength is not increased. all in all I dont think it will really matter. I would prolly go fine. But IF I only had a course tap? course it would have been. take care to use the correct drill size. for an 8x1 : J or 7.4 and an 8x1.25 : H or 7.2 Also when your cleaning the hole out make sure you use a drill stop or spacer to insure you dont drill past the bottom of the current hole. Lead is very gummy ie bites very easy.

Here is a drill chart.:Tap and drill chart.

@Dave1 Were you able to repair the threads? Any advice for someone with the same problem?
I managed to use an M6 tap to get another helicoil in. I couldn't find an M7 and didn't want to go to M8 unless I had to. I have battery assembled and in a battery box with secondary cable connection points, so hoping it will be fine as long as I don't have to disconnect and reconnect any time soon.

Mediocre solution IMO, but with being on lockdown atm I decided it was good enough for now.

This is not a deal. I got 4x 280ah cells from Xuba for a total of $551 delivered to my door in California.
That's great.

For future refence, this isn't how you talk to people when you want to tell them about a good deal you found. ?

I saw this style, can't remember brand name, at a truck show and thought they looked like a good product. Better than Heli-coil. Even then in an expensive battery I think I would use a real tap to cut the threads.

Thread insert
Was time sert what you are referring to? They are a little specialized but they tend to work a little better than a helicoil, imo

Back