diy solar

diy solar

2/0 awg cable connection to breaker and fuse

BondJmsBond

Hopefully you fine folk can guide me.

The 2/0 awg connection to the fuse used in this

Appears to be a jam the raw ends of the stranded wire in the round receptacle and crank the allen head screw down on the strands kind of deal.
I don't care for this, as I think it may damage strands and lead to an inconsistent wonky connection. As it's a very important connection I need to do it right.

I saw another thread mention a ferrell. Do I need one and also a crimper for this?

If so, where might I find a proper ferrell and a good crimper?

Or, conversely, is there a way to connect a lug to this fuse? An adapter?

Thank you for your help.

Hopefully you fine folk can guide me.

The 2/0 awg connection to the fuse used in this

Appears to be a jam the raw ends of the stranded wire in the round receptacle and crank the allen head screw down on the strands kind of deal.
I don't care for this, as I think it may damage strands and lead to an inconsistent wonky connection. As it's a very important connection I need to do it right.

I saw another thread mention a ferrell. Do I need one and also a crimper for this?

If so, where might I find a proper ferrell and a good crimper?

Or, conversely, is there a way to connect a lug to this fuse? An adapter?

Thank you for your help.
Personally, I would not use a ferrule unless the fuse block was designed for it. I'd want as much wire cross-section exposed in the block as possible. Blueseas makes a class T fuse block that you can attach cable lugs to. May be more in line with what you're trying to do.

Back