diy solar

diy solar

2.5KW Upgradeable solar system

OPIERRE

Hi guys see my 2.5KW Upgradeable Solar system

SYSTEM SPECS
  • ECI Power 12V 50Ah Lithium LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Rechargeable Battery | 2000-5000 Life Cycles & 10-Year lifetime
  • EPEVER MPPT Solar Charge Controller 20A 150V PV
  • 100 Watts 12 Volts Polycrystalline Solar Panel
  • 2500W (Peak Power 5000W) Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter dc 12v to 110v ac Converter 60HZ Solar Converter
  • DC 6.5-100V 0-100A LCD Display Digital Current Voltage Power Energy Meter Multimeter Ammeter Voltmeter with 100A Current Shunt
  • 30 Amp Circuit Breaker with Manual Reset Waterproof Inline Fuse
  • 2 AWG Gauge Red + Black Pure Copper Battery Inverter Cables Solar
solar system .jpg

Wow! You did a system that WASN'T a 6000zillionKW whole home 5th wheel grid tied system? Nice!

You have plans to take that up to the 300w your MTTP can handle at some point?

Yeah just saving up until I can but some more batteries and solar panel. Do you think I can use a 100AH with the 50AH battery

I'm curious. You have a 12V 50AH battery that at best has a 100A BMS. That means you only can output 1200W, but your inverter is 2500W with 5000W surge. Even with 2 batteries, each with 100A BMS, you'd just barely have enough to support your inverter's full capacity. Are you planning to upgrade and add more batteries?
Also what the max power point voltage for your 100W panel? What is the minimum input voltage for the charge controller when the battery voltage is 14.2V? I've read about installations that the 100W panels doesn't have high enough voltage to support LiFePO4 batteries when using some MPPT type charge controllers.

Looks sweet. That inverter is funny next to everything else though. :) Second Redneck's comment and add that it's nice to see an upgrade approach once in a while rather than throwing multiple thousands at a problem from the start.

What's your long term goal? Do you have a particular scenario or load you'd like to cover eventually? Or are you just tinkering and figure an off grid load will present itself when the time comes?

Back