diy solar

diy solar

2 batteries one panel

Debbies

Hi. New here... wondering what the best dual output marine controller would be for a 200w solar panel? My battery bank has 2 lead acid deep cycle batteries.

Why do you need dual output? Running the batteries in parallel? You can always just use a terminal block or bus bar to take the single output of any SCC and split it into 2 wires to battery, or if your batteries are in parallel just connect to the positive of Battery-1 and the negative of Battery-2 and they'll both get charged at the same time.

I can't think of a single benefit for a dual output to simply parallel two batteries together, unless it provides individual charging and balance control, and you're using them independently.

If you're connecting them in parallel after the fact then all benefit is negated.

If you're using them in series for 24v, then I believe you can individually charge the 12v batteries and that is an upside, however you can just buy a 24v scc, and if it doesn't balance the batteries then you'll just have headaches.

My use case with the dual output SCC was charge and maintain a 225 AH FLA house bank ( 2 T-105s) plus a starter battery.

Which is the point of them. But OP stated two batteries in one bank.
Oops, my bad. I didn't read it as two batteries in a single bank. My head went to two separate batteries for the purpose of a back up. I agree that if they are parallel then a single output SCC would do the trick.

Back