diy solar

diy solar

200 amp main breaker and gs8048 connection

Tomjames1

the gslc attached to gs8048 accepts max 1/0 wire but 200 amp service panel needs 2/0 copper for code and afraid to backfeed this panel since i read something in the 2017 nec that you cant back feed if it is line or load...if i can, then is the 200 amp breaker useless and just cap off?? doing split phase.....from my ground mount (280v and about 35 max amps from 3 strings) I bought #1 cu wire for l1,l2,neurtal and #6 ground to go from inverter to main.

I’m off grid , but I have the largest wire I could get in my inverter lug i think it’s 4g
I just use the 200amp breaker as a shut off , the inverter has a breaker for the wire any way .
It’s about 50/50 some times my inverter faults some times a breaker in the panel pops .

ok, thanks....sounds like you went into your 200 bkr with a smaller gauge wire. not sure what the inspector will say but having the smaller breaker for that wire at the inverter should work....just have to get an inspection and sometimes that is a good thing, ha.

Passing inspection seams to be getting harder and harder in my area .
They keep changing / upgrading the codes .
my system has been in for 3 full seasons and when I started 4 years ago I was ok
I’m going to end up changing a bunch of stuff ☹️

What about using something like this.

Morris 90985 Morris Products 90985 Offset Solid Pin Terminal Connector, Compression Connector Type, 2/0 To #1 Wire Range​

Back