diy solar

diy solar

200 W System for a Kimbo 6

Voltron

How's it going everyone. I am currently in the process of ordering all the parts and mapping out my system. I've been piecing together information from Will Prowse's book, his videos, and other online resources. Really excited to get everything in and installed neatly inside. On the wait list for a SOK 200ah Battery paired with a 1000 W inverter and 30amp Solar Controller. I know 200 W of solar wont be enough for the 200ah battery, but our usage is not that big and trips not too long. Plus the real-estate on the roof is minimal. I'll be creating my own no-drill rack for the panels too. I've attached pictures of the interior and a diagram I'm going from. I work well with pictures... Would love any suggestions or recommendations on fuse/breaker sizes. On order, I have 40amp fuse for the controller, 120amp circuit breaker for the inverter which has surge power to 2000 W, 70 amp circuit breaker for the 12v Fuse Block. Im also adding a Blue Sea On/Off switch between the solar panels and controller like the diagram. Again any suggestions will be appreciated. Looking forward to contributing to this forum as much as possible.

Not sure on the fuse vs circuit breaker
Not sure on my 70amp size circuit breaker for the 12v fuse block
Any fuses needed directly on the battery terminal? Have seen some with and without...
Will make sure wires are at proper gauge or as big as I can fit.

IMG_9440.jpegIMG_9480.jpeg1_solar_panel_150_watt_solar_power_array_campervan_rv_wiring_diagram.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-06 at 12.39.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-06 at 12.40.15 PM.png

Back