diy solar

diy solar

200A Smart BMS from LLT Power

Learnt from the seller "jaibaida" that the 200A version only has bluetooth communication despite optional RS485 & CAN communication claims on the product page. Can I still make use of your solution for Victron systems?

according to the seller, this only support bluetooth (built-in) and doesn't come with the option of UART. I think your mention is only applicable to the 100A versions.
I have reports of the 200A model that was bought a month ago. They requested the RS485 to be added and that is how it arrived.
The best option is to ask for it with the USB-UART cable option or the RS485 cable from them. Both versions work.
The older 200A model has the bluetooth as an external plug in model (my 100A model is like that as well). This runs of RS232 (claimed as USB-UART). If you have the external bluetooth only model, then you can set up the BMS with bluetooth, then unplug the bluetooth dongle and use that to plug in your USB-RS232 cable.

But if it is now as you say then if there is no RS485 option and only internal bluetooth I would buy one of the other models instead.

does anyone know if the S004 version goes to sleep? Or even how to change the sleep time in the S003 version? My andriod app will show the mos control time of 65000 seconds and I would like to disable this function so it never sleeps. Suggestions? Bueller....bueller... bueller?????

does anyone know if the S004 version goes to sleep? Or even how to change the sleep time in the S003 version? My andriod app will show the mos control time of 65000 seconds and I would like to disable this function so it never sleeps. Suggestions? Bueller....bueller... bueller?????
I'm really getting frustrated by this.... I found on the android app I can change the sleep timer (View Parameters -> MOS Control) from 65000 to something else. What I have noted is that a change to this value only takes effect upon a reboot. So I tried 0 and the contactor stays on for 1 second. So I tried 65535 (-1) and it still turns off after 18h7m. I had so hoped that -1 would have disabled the sleep timer.

I like this BMS more than the chargery units . I'm kind of mad at them for making a crappy DCC because I've blown up 3 of them and also the unstable voltage readings. So I'm really hoping this QUCC (JBD) BMS can be made to work.

Since I'm going to end up with three batteries and three BMSs, I thought of putting a timer on each bms to power cycle it twice a day. If I program the timers properly, two of my three packs will keep right on running. Further, if I use an extra set of contacts on the timer relay, I can make the contactor stay pulled in (maybe).

I've also thought of faking out the BMS into seeing a spike in current by using software to rewrite the resistance of the shunt for an instant.

My issue is that for now I'm grid tied. This means that my battery tops off and stays full for weeks at a time. No current in/out of battery and the BMS goes to sleep. If I were off grid, this would be a non-issue because I'd either be charging or discharging the battery at any given moment.

Does anyone have any ideas to try to make this BMS stay on 24/7?

Beware of IC GOGO .... do a search for some threads about them.
2 weeks ago purchased a jbd 8s 100a bms from them and payed extra for dhl post as needed it soon. Just got the bms and they sent a 4s version. :mad: Funny thing is i read your comment only the day before i got the bms and was like o crap i hope mine is ok. Launched dispute but if past experiences with aliexpress disputes is anything to go by i might get a $5 refund..........

2 weeks ago purchased a jbd 8s 100a bms from them and payed extra for dhl post as needed it soon. Just got the bms and they sent a 4s version. :mad: Funny thing is i read your comment only the day before i got the bms and was like o crap i hope mine is ok. Launched dispute but if past experiences with aliexpress disputes is anything to go by i might get a $5 refund..........
Sorry to hear .... hope you can get a resolution.

Back