diy solar

diy solar

2017 Tesla Model S 24v 5.2kW (x4)

nibbnn

I have 4 of the 2017 Tesla Model S 24v 5.2kW batteries.

I also bought the Daly 300A FAN, Li-ion 14S 48V BT BMS

I also bought 4x of these

To be used with either of these 12kW inverters.

From reading about this and youtube, people also say you need a shunt to connect to the bms, and a capacitor for when you actually connect the battery to your inverter. I really don't know what to get for these.

I have copper to connect the batteries together, but not for the balance charging.
What would I still need to buy to put this together?

Last edited:

From reading about this and youtube, people also say you need a shunt to connect to the bms, and a capacitor for when you actually connect the battery to your inverter. I really don't know what to get for these.

I have copper to connect the batteries together, but not for the balance charging.
The only thing I can is, when you say, " ...and a capacitor for when you actually connect the battery to your inverter."
I think you mean a resistor. Inverters tend to have large caps in them, and when hooking the battery to the inverter there tends to be a big inrush of current, so it is better to "pre-charge" the inverter by charging it through a resistor.

did you put it together?

Maybe get my hands on Tesla batteries.

Back