diy solar

diy solar

202 Ah Lishen $57/cell from Pina at Xuba

Did you ever check to see what capacity they actually pull?
Not yet. I'm not sure I will since my goal is to keep them out of the high and low voltage so why would I put them there on purpose....well so that I know they can do what they say and that I can depend on them.

First I need to stop the BMS from complaining. It's either very sensitive or it's pointing out the problems that come from assemling the battery on a two dimensional tilt, with some of the terminals under the locker edges. The BMS has stopped flagging "open wires" but still thinks there are "weak cells." I don't know how it can tell that when all that's happened is I connected things and turned it on. I only let the solar charge for a few minutes so far. I'll draw out some serious power to move to my summer dock Saturday or Sunday, and let the solar charge for a real amount. Once that works, a bigger charge-discharge to at least test the cutouts should be next, and depending on where I leave the settings, that could be a capacity test, but I want the working settings to be more conservative than that. The summer dock is much closer to my apartment so it will be easier to test, tinker, and use the system.

Not yet. I'm not sure I will since my goal is to keep them out of the high and low voltage so why would I put them there on purpose....well so that I know they can do what they say and that I can depend on them.
You would do a full cycle so you know you received the advertised capacity. This also gives you the opportunity to test the HVD and LVD of your BMS to make sure it works properly. :)

Back