diy solar

diy solar

24 volt battery arrived, needed 48 volt.. what to do with this one?

emmagrace777

Got on big battery . Com site typed in the hsky 48 volt 103ah that would go with my 48 v inverter/ controller
clicked box, paid- it arrived.
Electrician arrived to connect to the Rich Solar 3,000 all in 1 controller/ inverter- opened box to discover it was 24 v not 48!
Looked back at email confirmation- looks like site :( sent me 24volt- seems there are 2 that are HSKY
I know I typed 48 v, I saw 48, ?‍♀️

The Company said they would send the 48 & swap them out, ..,,,,but later changed their mind said nothing wrong with the 24 v, I would need to pay for shipping to return this first!

I ended up not sending it back & loosing more $ and they talked me into getting the upgraded 170ah CNDR, said was brand new, just came out. I said ? ok & paid.
It arrived, electrician comes & battery was dead, dead!

Big battery rep said no it’s not, that it has something that protects it from getting too low, but didn’t know why it drained out during the delivery. He stated I needed a wall charger, which he was sending. This was on Thursday.
I waited for the express fedx- nothing.
By Tuesday evening the same rep said “yes the battery was no good, from photos I had sent him”. And that

“I need to take this -259 lb battery , get all the wrap stuff and box, wrap & mount on pallet & wrap to pallet ,,, “. wait it gets better, “and send a photo for proof, that it was ready to ship, before they would call a shipping company to retrieve the defective dead $3500 battery”

. ( I’m out -$6,000 by now)

I’m physically unable to move, let alone lift and wrap “their problem battery “ which I am paying interest on and still can’t use my solar.
I’m out $ spent on 2 electrician calls.
And I’m wondering if there’s any way to use? The 24 v?
They said you can’t put them in parallel, something about the software not updated to do so.
Does anyone want buy the brand new 24 v hsky or trade?
Any sites to advertise this on?

I don’t know what’s happening with the dead 48 volt, it just sits here, I asked them to find someone to wrap it and get it, but they won’t.

I have panels ready & the 48 volt 3,000 watt all in 1 Rich Solar inverter/ controller ,,,,,,,
And I can’t do anything without 48 v battery

What are my options?
Very disappointed with big battery . Com & wish I saw their FB reviews ?

Now I know why they don’t have a way for anyone to leave a google review!

Attachments

• BD86C94E-4B9B-49F1-B356-16AC632084A4.jpeg
    BD86C94E-4B9B-49F1-B356-16AC632084A4.jpeg
    415.8 KB · Views: 22
Can the two battery packs be disassembled (with screws or dremmel tool)? Troubleshoot the 48v one, maybe cells could be used from the 24v pack if the 48v pack has dead cell or something?

Or can BB provide reset instructions for the BMS, maybe try putting a charge on it and see if the 48v pack can be recovered without disassembly (providing it doesn't have a particular dead cell or something)?

I do palletised delivery and collection as a lorry driver (In the UK so my company cant help you), some of our collections are "pallet and wrap" which means the customer paid extra to have me put the items on a pallet i took with me and then pallet wrap it to the pallet. If you are physiaclly unable to wrap for collection, unless things are very different in the US they CAN find a courier company that will do it for them, it will probably just cost them a little extra so they'll try and avoid it.

Pil bilgilerini gönderebilirseniz 48 voltta elde edilecek bilgileri paylaşmak isterim.

I would put in a claim against both batteries with your credit card. Let them figure out how to transport the batteries. You should have received a receipt listing what was ordered for the first shipment, so assuming it was for 48v, that is on them (if you made the mistake, then you are on the hook to ship it back). I think it would be in your best interest to call them back and escalate past the customer service rep to a manager.

Hello - Not sure of your installation - but how about the shipper selling you another 24 volt battery (at a discount) then you could just put the pair in series for 48 Volts?

Mike

Hello - Not sure of your installation - but how about the shipper selling you another 24 volt battery (at a discount) then you could just put the pair in series for 48 Volts?

Mike
Hello
I'm not sure if you are reading what you are responding to.

Got on big battery . Com site typed in the hsky 48 volt 103ah that would go with my 48 v inverter/ controller
clicked box, paid- it arrived.
Electrician arrived to connect to the Rich Solar 3,000 all in 1 controller/ inverter- opened box to discover it was 24 v not 48!
Looked back at email confirmation- looks like site :( sent me 24volt- seems there are 2 that are HSKY
I know I typed 48 v, I saw 48, ?‍♀️

The Company said they would send the 48 & swap them out, ..,,,,but later changed their mind said nothing wrong with the 24 v, I would need to pay for shipping to return this first!

I ended up not sending it back & loosing more $ and they talked me into getting the upgraded 170ah CNDR, said was brand new, just came out. I said ? ok & paid.
It arrived, electrician comes & battery was dead, dead!

Big battery rep said no it’s not, that it has something that protects it from getting too low, but didn’t know why it drained out during the delivery. He stated I needed a wall charger, which he was sending. This was on Thursday.
I waited for the express fedx- nothing.
By Tuesday evening the same rep said “yes the battery was no good, from photos I had sent him”. And that

“I need to take this -259 lb battery , get all the wrap stuff and box, wrap & mount on pallet & wrap to pallet ,,, “. wait it gets better, “and send a photo for proof, that it was ready to ship, before they would call a shipping company to retrieve the defective dead $3500 battery”

. ( I’m out -$6,000 by now)

I’m physically unable to move, let alone lift and wrap “their problem battery “ which I am paying interest on and still can’t use my solar.
I’m out $ spent on 2 electrician calls.
And I’m wondering if there’s any way to use? The 24 v?
They said you can’t put them in parallel, something about the software not updated to do so.
Does anyone want buy the brand new 24 v hsky or trade?
Any sites to advertise this on?

I don’t know what’s happening with the dead 48 volt, it just sits here, I asked them to find someone to wrap it and get it, but they won’t.

I have panels ready & the 48 volt 3,000 watt all in 1 Rich Solar inverter/ controller ,,,,,,,
And I can’t do anything without 48 v battery

What are my options?
Very disappointed with big battery . Com & wish I saw their FB reviews ?

Now I know why they don’t have a way for anyone to leave a google review!
Step one, call your credit card company.
They get a lot more responsive and reasonable when they get the money taken back, just FYI.

Back