System voltage should never get that high

You BMSs should be set to...
cut off at 3.65 volts per cell or 29.2 volts for the pack
also cutoff at 2.5 volts per cell or 20 volts for the pack

Your charger should be set too..
bulk=3.55 per cell or 28.4 for the pack
float=3.35 per cell or 26.8 for the pack

its never gone above 26.5

At this stage I don't know how to set the batteries. I've asked the supplier for help as I need to access the bms. "UMXLI BMS"

its never gone above 26.5

At this stage I don't know how to set the batteries. I've asked the supplier for help as I need to access the bms. "UMXLI BMS"
They should already be set to what I specified, its very common for an LFP BMS to be factory set to those values.

Last edited:
They should already be set to what I specified its very common for an LFP BMS to be factory set to those values.
Massive thank you for your time. New technology for me and my instincts told me it was the inverter but to have you isolate the problem is a major help.

I've emailed the thread to Giandel. I will post on here the outcomes.

In the meantime I'll reconnect my old 12 v inverter.

Really wanted it to work as the wife's coffee machine doesn't work on the old converter but thats an issue for another thread or forum.

I download and look at the spec sheet, It looks like a clone of Cooper/Bussman circuit breaker.

Attachments

• S5896.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 1
The only way to find out is to buy one and put it into use and draw lots of current, check the Vdrops, temperature, inspect the build quality, etc.
Here is an example of bad cloned breaker.

The only way to find out is to buy one and put it into use and draw lots of current, check the Vdrops, temperature, inspect the build quality, etc.
Here is an example of bad cloned breaker.
Thanks Bud, I'll test it before I go away in the van

Here is the example of BUSSMAN circuit breaker:
Thanks.

Back