diy solar

diy solar

24 volt sytem but 12 volts on the output port of a Tracer-4215 BN

Al Slitter

Trying to learn something new every day!
I have a a basic 12 volt lithium Ion system and it is working well. My thinking now to double up on the cells and move to a 24Volt environment.
The issue that I am unsure of is whether by doing this will the Tracer-4215 BN controller change the accessories output to 24 volts as well.
What I mean by this, is that I have a 12 volt night light out side of my shop that the controller turns on at 7:00PM and off at 6:00 AM.
I value the fact that the controller does this and it is a seamless operation.
Yes a work around could be done with a buck converter but I would like some feed back going forward please.

It's probably going to use 24v, but I'm basing that on what I read in a discussion of a different vendor's controller.

Any chance the light is LED? Often the LED spec is 12 to 24 volt input.

Thank you for the reply, the light is a 10Watt DC light and is used as a night light with a on period of about 10 Hours.
I am not sure if the COB can handle 24 volts and not burn up due to the voltage. I can test this later as I build this units
and or replare them all of the time.
Another option is to simply insert a buck converter on the DC line and have it set to 12 volts or ???

Thanks again!

Yes the load is definitely 24V then. Check your light, often they have a range from 10-30V. If not, buy a simple step down 24-12V module.

Back