diy solar

diy solar

24V / 2000W Off Grid System

Missileman Tom

I have items on order for your 24V system including two of the 410W bi-facial Signature solar panels you reviewed recently for my only source of solar charging. I am waiting awhile on purchasing two 12V Lithium batteries but in the meantime could you tell me if it would be possible to also tie in a small wind turbine as the wind seems pretty constant here in Central Florida. I see that some seem to think pole mounting might be best for those bi-facial solar panels. I'm thinking of perhaps mounting them on my newly shingled roof, elevated somewhat, and affixing a 4x8 sheet of glossy waterproof material under them to perhaps enhance their backside light absorption. Your thoughts Will? Thanks for your great videos! This is my first ever post.

So out of two 410W bifacial panels where does the other 1000W come from? Save money and get another panel before buying wind turbine as that's my opinion since I live in a area windier than you and don't see it as viable even in my area. As for the albedo a piece of white EPDM might work best and lastly bifacial panels work best in northern states due to angle of the sun and how close to the equator you are you won't get as much sun to the backside.Screenshot_2021-05-05 bfs_picture4 png (WEBP Image, 974 × 445 pixels).png

Unless you get constant wind everyday, spend the money on another battery. That was the lesson I learned.
Yeah, I think a small wind turbine is out. Thanks
So out of two 410W bifacial panels where does the other 1000W come from? Save money and get another panel before buying wind turbine as that's my opinion since I live in a area windier than you and don't see it as viable even in my area. As for the albedo a piece of white EPDM might work best and lastly bifacial panels work best in northern states due to angle of the sun and how close to the equator you are you won't get as much sun to the backside.View attachment 48009
Just because I am building a 2000W system doesn't mean I need 2000W of solar panels, Sure that would recharge my system quicker but I am already spending double what I had planned on to build this. Still waiting to see about batteries. I of course will need two 12V in series for 24V system. More brands of lithium coming available all the time. Watching Will Prowse for the latest and greatest for probably two months from now.

Back