diy solar

diy solar

24v all-in-one ac/dc distribution panel?

thenunzzz

Ive searched around on the forum and couldn't the answer I'm looking for. I am building a 24v LifePo4 system and need to decide on a ac/dc distribution.
This is a nice unit all-in-one panel Explorist.Life uses, but in the questions on Amazon is says it can't be used on 24v systems. Do you know of any good ac/dc AIO distribution panels?

I do not know why they say it will not work with 24 Volts. I do not see any circuitry that the 24V would hurt. All the connections should be able to handle 24v just fine.
Ohh sweet that would be awesome, I like that unit. Seems like it would be perfect for me.

Ive searched around on the forum and couldn't the answer I'm looking for. I am building a 24v LifePo4 system and need to decide on a ac/dc distribution.
This is a nice unit all-in-one panel Explorist.Life uses, but in the questions on Amazon is says it can't be used on 24v systems. Do you know of any good ac/dc AIO distribution panels?
Marine equipment (often pricey, sometimes not) is frequently rated to ~32VDC, I would see whats available through some of the marine shops and suppliers (baymarinesupply.com, westmarine.com, bluesea.com)

Last edited:
As a general point, don't have too much faith in Amazon question/answers when it comes to electronical questions (this probably applies to most technical areas). Almost every electrical component I have looked at on Amazon has someone confidently answering a question about Volts in Watts, or Amps in Volts, or Volts in Amps, and so on. Even the sellers often get basic details fundamentally wrong.

In this case though I can see why the answerer was confused, it shouldn't require someone e-mailing the manufacturer to learn the safe voltage range of a product, and the documentation only referenced '12vdc'

Back