diy solar

diy solar

24v battery configuration

HamptonHall

I have 8 Lishen 272ah cells on order through Michael and am trying to figure out a configuration that I could put in some kind of battery box, as my objective is something like Will's hand cart power project (solar to come later).

Can I do this? (would like to use the Overkill Solar 8S BMS 100a LifePo4 Battery Management System for 24v DIY Batteries)

How To Configure Cells In A Large Battery Bank

If you are building a large battery bank, you should buy larger cells. If the largest size cells cannot do the job, you will need to combine cells in parallel first, then connect them in series. This will allow you to build and manage a large battery bank with a single BMS.

When you parallel your cells, they need to be nearly the same voltage. If you buy brand-new cells, they will come at the same voltage and you can wire them up like this:
Picture
Picture

Then Add A Single BMS To Manage All The Cells:

Picture

Last edited:
No. That's for a 12V battery. You need to connect your 8 cells in a single string series to get 24V.

HamptonHall, the cell configurations in your original post would be more work to compress than the configurations in your second post.

A series of cells stacked long edge to long edge is easier to compress than if the short edges are stacked.

Just something to consider. Compression is important.

Back